• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dartman

No Compression After Head Change

Reebmit

Without doubt for most a machine shop is the best route to go :)

dartman

Thanks for the above advice, as it currently stands I have 2 1.65mm shims as a start point. Hopefully there will be a gap to measure and do the relivent calculations and order a new set of shims, I do have a machine shop as part of the workshop but my borer isn't available at the moment (he runs the tools) I didn't take into account the gap that the shim sits in (in the spring retainer) so hopefully there will a gap using the 1.65 shims as a start point to calculate the correct size. I found a stockists that do the Peugeot shims ranging from 1.65 to 4mm and are £5.50 each so that's not too bad.

petert

It's hard to get an accurate reading if the gap is too large. When you start doubling and tripling feeler gauges the accuracy goes out the window. Get it close enough with test shims so you can finalise with a single feeler gauge.

Slo

When i dropped out my first broken engine, on stripdown i discovered it had pieces of feeler guages cut up and used as shims under the buckets. Ridiculous but effective.