• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dobboy

Be1 Cable Removal

dobboy

Can someone give me a brief description of what i need to do to remove the reverse cable? Also what then happens to the bit on the gearstick for lifting into reverse? Does that then flap about?

Could the cable be left in place if i wanted to, when going from BE1 to BE3 or VTS?

TIA

dcc

can leave the cable through the bulkhead. iic theres a grub screw on the gear stick base, you don't plug the cable into new gearbox, there should be a 'breather' there instead. if you fit it you wont get 3rd or 4th gear iirc :)

I just removed the cable as it was easier.

• Like 2

dobboy

DCC/anyone, if i remove the gaitor panel and the grub screw you mentioned, does the cable simply draw through into bay without taking centre console out?

also, the lift up part of my stick, does that then slide about? can it be removed from the stick, from top with Gknob removed or bottom with stick removed?

also, i am definately correct in thinking that a BE1 stick is ok to use with a BE3 box?

Tia

welshpug

You'll need to remove the rear part of the centre console and unbolt the top cover of the gearstick assembly, to swap the lift up mechanism for the plain black sleeve you need to remove the gearknob.

its a roll pin not a grub screw.

the stick is the same for BE1 and BE3.

• Like 1

S@m

6 Months after i finished my last mi16 conversion (with VTS box) i still hadn't removed the lift up reverse cable, i tucked it up behind the expansion tank because i am exceptionally lazy, so fair play to you!

With regards to the car side though, i prefer the be1 lift up reverse handle to the plain plastic tube that be3's have, given that its textured and moulded it just seems better to me whether or not you use it.