• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mmatthej1

Water Getting In!

mmatthej1

We're finding water inside the boot area - a pool sitting down behind the washer bottle, easily visible if bottle is taken off - where on earth could that be getting in from?

Any ideas, please?

(we've checked the drain from front of sunroof, which seems to be fine and exits from somewhere in front wing - also, there is a vent hanging down in the rear drivers side wheel arch - on the other side of the body to the water pool - but I've blown UP this and air seems to run free, tho' goodness knows where it runs up to!)

ATK

Rear light cluster seal, rear quarter badge holes, through tailgate via spoiler holes, boot lock, rear panel locating stub, washer jet, washer jet tube disconnected, crack in water bottle, boot seal itself, hatch window seal itself, rear window seals.....etc! Can you tell I've had a battle with leaks? :)

mrfirepro

Jack,

As Alex says there are lots of possibilities, but I would check the rear sunroof drains as they run in the rear quarter panels above the washer bottle and exit as shown here.

P1010988_666x500.jpg

left hand pipe is the sunroof drain exit point

mmatthej1

Thanks for responses - point taken, regarding the many possibilities but certainly that rear sunroof drain looks worthy of a check! (maybe it's the tube that exits behind rear wheel, under arch - presumably one per side)

mmatthej1

Hum, pleased to report that rear sunroof vents are both working - have spent some time seeking source of ingress and it does seem to be somewhere upwards from seam behind the rear washer bottle - not the rear light set, I reckon, 'cos there is no water behind a seam that is between back of them and section behind bottle, where 'pool' forms.

I'm now thinking rear quarter badge holes, as the upper one is loose at one end, so some fitting lug behind must be broken. Wonder how these badges can be taken off, without further damaging them - any guidance, plse?

ATK

whip the interior quarter panel trim off and tap them out

or prise the f***ers off if it looks like theyve been tigersealed on!

mmatthej1

Seem to have resolved the leakage problem, by removing rear light clusters, then applying silicone sealant & re-fitting!

Good & thanks for all suggestions.