• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Wrxbart

205 Gti6 Circuit Racer.

barry d

Love the colour mate!

calvinhorse

No messing! Looking good, will it be road legal?

• Like 1

aldworth33

Could only be one colour :) looking good so far

johniban

not sure on the colour, but project looks awesome

HERMAN

Looking good to me. Sorry to hear about Simon.

I meet him once he had a couple of doors off me.

Nice guy real shame.

rallyeash

not sure on the colour, but project looks awesome

Think it's more what it means bud.

Coming on well.

Castorkid

Looking good to me. Sorry to hear about Simon.

I meet him once he had a couple of doors off me.

Nice guy real shame.

Totally agree with these sentiments. I sold Simon the Gaz Golds you have with the car. Lovely guy and I'm glad to see his car lives on.

• Like 1

Wrxbart

Not updated this for a while. Been busy building a drag impreza for a customer. The car has moved on some what. The new cage is all in and fitted and the car is mostly painted now. Still a few more areas I want to loose a bit more weight out the car too. Thanks for the comments guys. Hope the car does him proud, Iv just passed my ards test today so things are getting ready for its first race.

FA38273D-BC1E-4182-80D3-29898502C96E.jpg

23FCEEFE-3144-418F-B318-9131B63968FF.jpg

[iM8BBAABC2-3EFD-48CF-B059-7A31A3B85671.jpg

G]http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu132/wrxbart/3DA58BD3-DA50-4B2A-AD34-AD3D742DBBFA.jpg[/img]

697BE324-F215-4BE7-BD40-7AA488760348.jpg

Wrxbart

DC96FFC2-D0F2-440F-8C3D-AAFA85C7804F.jpg

Also picked this manifold up but won't be needing it if anyone is interested in it.

calvinhorse

Bloody lovely! Those welds are way too nice for a roll cage! :D

• Like 1

Wrxbart

Not posted for some time as been busy building customer cars but the 205 is pretty much finished, and we went out for a first drive at a very fitting event that myself and a friend organised. A Jgm memorial shootout at Elvington in memory of the cars previous owner and my friend Simon roe. The car handled brilliant even with a very basic setup on. Here's a few pics.

FEFD7A42-EF17-41CF-A728-4A9C7E4B8EE3.jpg

8E17A745-5788-498E-A56E-6E89B3296FC9.jpg

61C59380-8B7B-4956-BB18-A087305BF39D.jpg

1D974A51-00F5-455E-A2DA-4C98BBC1D380.jpg

th_11992423-1F6C-498A-8D1F-1CC198A4AF52.

artois7

Awesome!

allanallen

Seen this a few times now, looks brilliant. the cage is a really nice thing done by a local bloke. Very clever how it picks the front strut tops ups! :)

With some development it's gonna make a very quick car this, keep up the good work rob!

Wrxbart

Cheers guys. A few little mods to further do. Longer final drive, front hub camber mod and rear arms. Then maybe a set of cbr rr throttle bodies on modded std inlet and injectors.

Wrxbart

The car was my very close friends. He did a round of time attack in it. When he passed away I bought it off his family. Stripped it all back seam welded it had a bespoke cage fitted which is triangulated to the front strut tops, also to the rear beam mounts with door cross bars and roof bar. Fully lightened and hole drilled inside the rear, rear 1/4 panels completely removed and fibreglass dimma 1/4 fitted. Fibreglass boot skin and bonnet skin and fibreglass doors. The car is very light. Has std rear discs with Gaz gold shocks and Whiteline rear anti roll bar. Front is on new Gaz gold coilovers new roll bar links and new driveshafts. Has bermsport 4 pots up front with hardly used pads. Discs are slightly warped. Fibreglass front dimma wings and bumpers. Morrette headlights and guttman grill. Gti6 std engine just had new timing belt water pump oil and filter new plugs. Fitted with oil cooler. New clutch fitted. Gearbox is a Peugeot sport/quaife semihelical gear kit close ratio with a 3.69 final drive with a zf plated lsd just been rebuilt about 100 miles ago. At the moment it's on cbr1000rr throttle bodies, not fully mapped in these yet so may put it back into the std manifold etc. Oh and a set of team dynamic 1.2s 7x15 et20 with R888 on and a set of speedline 1.9 Gti alloys with AD08 on and a Monte Carlo t16 spoiler

I'm not 100% sure I'm gonna sell it yet just gauging interest as its very sentimental to me. But would be looking for around £4500