• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Wrxbart

205 Gti6 Circuit Racer.

Wrxbart

Hi im new on here but been around fast cars and racing for a number of years now all be it in a 800hp impreza. Fancied something different so I'm going circuit racing this year instead of the sprints and hillclimbs iv been doing. So I bought my late friends 205 Gti which he had fitted with a gti6 engine. He was a member on here jolly green monster and was a great friend to me. So I decided to finish off the car as a bit of a tribute to him and go racing which was what he would have wanted. So iv started the work today removed the cage which was badly installed ready for a new multipoint cage to be fitted, then removed the glass sliding roof so I can either for a skin or plate it over with a thin ally sheet. If anybody needs a sunroof for spares I have it all. Then I started to lighten the shell a long way to go yet. The engine will stay standard for the start of the season, it has a quaife gearkit and lsd fitted at the moment. Also a set of gaz coilovers. I have a set of bremsport 4 pots to go it as well. It's fitted with a fibreglass boot bonnet and doors, I'm trying to get it as light as possible and concentrate on the handling and braking for starters. The car will be painted in Kawasaki green simon's colour.

C1B84058-D6E1-4C02-A677-D39AAF9DC1D1.jpg

AA6BF946-80BE-4C46-A596-9ACC1F914B1C.jpg

359E0091-0688-44B4-BDCB-854F13E149DF.jpg

63930983-25DB-4167-8B7F-93330999C438.jpg

Kane

Welcome to the forum Rob. Sad news about your mate, seems he was well known within the motoring community across the board.

This should be a great tribute to him, maybe not quite as frightening as his scooby mind you :lol:

Best of luck with the build

Wrxbart

Cheers mate. Yes his Scooby was something else doing a 1/4 mile. He mapped mine for many yrs. 800 horse in a scoob is a handful I'll tell you mine takes some holding onto at that lol.

allanallen

We're only down the road if you need any bits messing with rob, always happy to help.

rallyeash

Brilliant. I'm really glad you've decided to join hear and pay respect to him and go racing.

Top man.

Batfink

what series you planning on driving in. Some may not like you cutting holes!

Wrxbart

CNC heads race series.

We're only down the road if you need any bits messing with rob, always happy to help.

Cheers mate I'll be after some grp A rear torsion bars if you know of anyone.

rallyeash

What series are you going to race in?

allanallen

We don't do torsion bars but happy to point you in the right direction, may know of a decent complete beam available shortly too ;)

North west saloons then, wide range of machinery running in that!!

Edited by allanallen

Miles

Don't get draw into the Group A stuff, it's yet another rip off, Same as Stage this and that with 205's. A product should be designed for or to do to a given spec.

Torsion bars thou is a difficult one, I've got another customer with suspect torsion bars which we are sure came from a company in the midlands but finding OE Pug Sport ones is difficult

Diff I would swap out as well for a plate one, for the swap over cost its well worth it

What series did you sprint the Impreza in?

allanallen

I couldn't even tell you what group A bars were! 21s at a guess!

I know of a gripper diff for sale shortly too if you really mean business rob ;)

Wrxbart

What rear beam is it? The one on the car is good just needs uprated bars.

Wrxbart

Don't get draw into the Group A stuff, it's yet another rip off, Same as Stage this and that with 205's. A product should be designed for or to do to a given spec.

Torsion bars thou is a difficult one, I've got another customer with suspect torsion bars which we are sure came from a company in the midlands but finding OE Pug Sport ones is difficult

Diff I would swap out as well for a plate one, for the swap over cost its well worth it

What series did you sprint the Impreza in?

Diff is already a plated lsd. I see spoox do a set of rear torsion bars. Use to do the nscc sprint series and the liverpool and chester speed chamoionship. Also done the 22b sprint series and ten of the best. Iv won the nscc and liverpool chester and 22b sprint series. Set a few class records etc.

Miles

Spox use the Performance Torsion ones, so allot cheaper to go direct, but these are the one's I'm looking into

Wrxbart

What's the problem with them?

Miles

1 set I had the spines stripped, The set which I'm looking into seem too soft for a 21mm bar, But they won't give out the details AFAIK how they make them, The Pug ones where broached/rolled splines not machined but twice the price, but as we know you pay for what you get

• Like 1

Wrxbart

The old cage I removed if anyone is interested i will sell it open to offers its a 6 point bolt in cage has been welded in but came out really easy so will go back in no problem.

chipstick

This is a nice project. I'm sure JGM would be glad to see it used and proud to see you kicking the cars head in on track.

Wrxbart

72EB2105-3F61-44E3-AAFB-36B19AE42737.jpg

0688-44B4-BDCB-854F13E149DF_1.jpg.html]359E0091-0688-44B4-BDCB-854F13E149DF_1.j[/url]

ED7565FE-E766-454D-ABD7-9B84D5CE0950.jpg

051CE17C-F7D9-4D8A-9A95-903EA35FCA42.jpg

Just a little bit more done today all front removed and the splash gaurd behind the wing floor almost cleaned up now and a few more holes drilled. Picked up a cheap Dimma kit to fit on now as well which I'll collect tomoz. Also while at the autosport show I'll be ordering the new cage.

Wrxbart

89A978F6-1FF9-434C-9742-576C77C42A18.jpg

A12000B5-C13A-497C-ADC3-5B5CD1925ACD.jpg

2E40BF87-F564-4B5C-ACE5-02A2F5BE1C01_1.j

AA5846F7-119F-4797-8FC6-DFA31559B7EE.jpg

064C1540-637F-4472-8296-16FFE5DC95EF.jpg

Getting there now all under bonnet seamed and painted all front panels mock fitted. And rear 1/4 mocked up. Waiting for cage to be delivered now. Fitted the bremsport 4 pots.

allanallen

Cool. Weld in cage?