• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Tom_Gallington06

Scrap Yard And Barn Find Survivor....

Tom_Gallington06

That's the thing I'm not chasing numbers. I never have and never will.

I just had a the fuelling checked which was lucky as it was lean in quite a few places and was surprised with what the dyno said. No bragging here. Not interested. Just thought some people maybe interested in the day. ????

The only reason for checking against my friends is that he has spent 10k on a race engine and he wants me to compare with my build.

Tom_Gallington06

The main reason for the post was to say I had a good track evening ????????????

rallyeash

Sweeet!

• Like 1

Tom_Gallington06

Well it's been a while and I have come across some body work areas that need some attention on the 205.

So the car will soon be undergoing a tidy up but will most probably end up being a proper once over on the car.

Stay tuned for updates as and when I can get them done as anyone with a young baby knows you don't have much spare time anymore. ????????

Tom_Gallington06

So today has been a rather busy day. I have been off to collect a white F reg 1.6 Gti shell from a member on here. Meaning i will have a completely original rebuilt 1.6 gti in white and 1988 and then my track spec white 1988 205. I nice pair hopefully.

The plan is to do a slow time restoration including full respray and then build it up making sure its built to last, keeping everything standard apart from maybe some 1.9 wheels and lower it 20mm. Obviously i will try to keep my thread updated.

I got a couple of pictures on the way back, really pleased with the shell it has very minimal rust. Apart from a once over by the dent repair bloke to pop out the parking dents and the one other dent on the drivers side lower rear quarter it will be ready for me to go over and correct any rust early before paint.

On the way home.

D83955E0-EAB4-4D7B-9190-CDC66272C5D2_zps

AF75CD7C-D291-48D8-BC95-49EB1873BCDE_zps

This shell will be left until my track car repairs have been complete ready for next year. Then i will start on it, maybe get a respray booked in for next year at some point.

Tom_Gallington06

So moving on to my track car i have some minor issues i want to sort before next year.

Firstly my nearside front hubs keep ovaling the bottom ball joint hole. I am thinking i may have a pair of hubs sleeved and hopefully they will be sorted.

Secondly the rear beam has a touch of play in the off side trailing arm. So this will be coming off and being fully rebuilt as its 8 years since the last. While its off i will paint it this time and tidy it up.

And lastly some rust issues. My front inner wings have rusted and i am hoping they can be repaired with just a slice out and a small patch welded in on both sides as well as a small hole on the nearside one. And then it just leaves the rear quarters just in front of the rear wheels. Hopefully a good clean up, re-seal and a coat of paint will do for these but only time will tell.

CD053729-7FDD-4433-83C6-9BC7F722AFB8_zps

00BF99CB-4928-4606-B3FB-74A5B5B05FBC_zps

I will try and keep you updated.

camgti

Nice work!

Car looks great. Any vids?

Tom_Gallington06

Cheers camgti

I have a couple of small clips. I do have some footage from on track but the files are huge because it's in 4K for my tv.

http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/TDGallington2171/media/5D7709E4-844A-45CA-A1A4-863780EC19D1_zpsztxqrdx0.mp4.html

http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/TDGallington2171/media/81120F49-496F-4D92-9920-D4C2215BF89F_zpsypsof1tz.mp4.html

Hopefully those short links work.

Edited by Tom_Gallington06

Tom_Gallington06

Let me know if they don't work as I have tried to do it on my phone. If these won't work I will get the laptop out. ????????

Anthony

Links work fine. Much bwarp sooths the soul :D

• Like 1