• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
td_w

To Turbo Or Not

td_w

I saw this on eBay and just curious.... do you think it's a good thing to do to an old 8v? Is driving a turbo (I only use my 205 for track days) practical or a little crazy?

Unlikely to buy or fit it but it is tempting!

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/261687671967?_mwBanner=1

• Like 1

Reebmit

I've got my eye on that, will probably bid if it doesn't go silly.... yeah good conversion on an 8v :)

td_w

Yeah I did think posting it on here might be wrong :)

carlh.1

I had a 8v turbo conversion, using the 2litre manifold and and t25 kind of like tom gentians but on a 1.9. It was 200hp and great to drive. Plenty of traction in the dry even without a diff.

The price does add up though if you go forged pistons and decent ecu.

Henry Yorke

There's quite a bit more to it than just buying a turbo and manifold. The engine ideally needs to come apart for lower compression pistons, however I think quite a bit can be compensated for with a modern, quality mappable ECU and map / lamda / knock sensors etc.

Reebmit

There's quite a bit more to it than just buying a turbo and manifold. The engine ideally needs to come apart for lower compression pistons, however I think quite a bit can be compensated for with a modern, quality mappable ECU and map / lamda / knock sensors etc.

Absolutely, I've got two projects in the early stages, ally 8v turbo as I hate the Iron 8v conversion (thread started on here needs update soon) and something a little more brutal an EW Turbo but that's just on paper at the mo..... ;