• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mrfirepro

Window

mrfirepro

nearside window was working fine, as I tested it before installing the dash. (dash now installed)

Now it goes up and not down, have stripped the door out and removed the mechanism.

Things I've tried..

1. Changed switched for a know working one....no difference

2. Tried another motor and mechanism...no difference

3. Both motors and mechanisms work when I apply a test voltage to them

4. I get negative and positive 12V at the connector when the window switch is pressed

5. same results from the drivers door window switch (this did work once before this stopped working as well)

Before I go and strip the dash back out, is there anything else I can do??? as I'm thinking I've trapped a cable somewhere???

Note: It did work for a short time but it was as if the window got stuck then the motor would not budge it and I kept trying it.

Edited by mrfirepro

Dizzee stuff

You get 12v at the neg & positve side of the motor plug?? if you have 12v on the neg side of the plug then you have no earth

Simes

Swap the passenger switch on the drivers side for a known working one.

mrfirepro

You get 12v at the neg & positve side of the motor plug?? if you have 12v on the neg side of the plug then you have no earth

Sorry I wasn't that clear, The polarity changes at the motor connector depending whether you want up or down. (am assuming this is correct ?)

Simes,

I think I tried a known good one in the drivers side, but I'm not certain so I'll give it a go.

Will let you know how I get on...thanks

Edited by mrfirepro

Dizzee stuff

did you test the voltage at the conecter with the motor pluged in?

mrfirepro

Simes,

Good suggestion, changed the drivers side passenger window switch and it all seems fine. Not applied it under load as yet but I hope it will be OK.

Thanks for all the suggestions, you guys rock... :)

very very happy I didn't start taking the dash apart....