• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jamie_1992

Jamie's Miami Gti6 Tidy Up

jamie_1992

well now i finally have a bit more time though the winter i can get some of the bit i have been wanting to do to the 205.

iv had it for a few years now and converted it to 16v and now plan on bringing it up to standard.

here's a few bits i hope to get done,

redo the underside (new underseal and paint)

respray engine bay

sort the corroded rear sills

safety devices c44 cage

sparco rev plus seats

tidy the engine bay (battery to boot, ecu in glove box, ect)

here's a few pics of how it stands now

15851635302_d947d63705_c.jpgDSC_0705 by jamie_bell_1992, on Flickr

15851638472_844981d833_c.jpgDSC_0704 by jamie_bell_1992, on Flickr

15850265871_ee04f7f315_c.jpgDSC_0703 by jamie_bell_1992, on Flickr

15850275511_c9a911f0f7_c.jpgDSC_0699 by jamie_bell_1992, on Flickr

quick shot of the workshop hope to get back to it tomorrow

15664897770_30a1bb30c4_c.jpgDSC_0706 by jamie_bell_1992, on Flickr

Edited by jamie_1992

Lowercase

looks good. was quite tidy when you last visited!

jamie_1992

anyone know how to get the pics to display as im using flickr now and not photobucket

Edited by jamie_1992

Clapton_Is_God

That picture has tempted me to paint my wheels white........looks good!

How low is that, front and rear?

jamie_1992

not sure on the hight the beam was already set when i brought it of spiky and the front is on adjustable coilovers

jamie_1992

finally got some time to start on this today

started by stripping the interior ready to weld in the seat rails

DSC_0073_zpsd184f1aa.jpg

then got all the old brackets cut out

cant imagine it was too safe as all the brackets had broken away around the handbrake

DSC_0074_zps2b880d91.jpg

then got the rails welded in and the seats

DSC_0075_zps22d54398.jpg

DSC_0077_zps17df0607.jpg

DSC_0081_zps314c936b.jpg

then started to get the cage in untill i ran out of light hoping to get a bit more done tomorrow

DSC_0083_zps0ca8ed31.jpg

DSC_0090_zpsd2541176.jpg

Edited by jamie_1992

jamie_1992

had a bit more time today started by moving the ecu inside to were the fuse box is, used a holder of a range rover

DSC_0098_zpsc1e5c07d.jpg

DSC_0099_zps96e5c271.jpg

then sorted the fuel lines

had some an6 fittings welded on the fuel rail and run teflon braided hose through the bulk head and to the fuel pump

DSC_0101_zps7cad219f.jpg

DSC_0102_zpse5929279.jpg

DSC_0103_zpse91a4b1f.jpg

DSC_0107_zpsc26f1531.jpg

DSC_0096_zpsf4eca309.jpg

next was getting the cage fully in i got the cage second hand so didnt get the mounting plates so set about making up new out of 4mm plate, no photo of the plates yet but a few of the cage in

DSC_0095_zps876d8ff2.jpg

DSC_0093_zps9da03ad1.jpg

jamie_1992

well been a while since an update

have started stripping the cage and seats out to paint and clean up the boot but found some rust around the sunroof drains, thats when it all started to go off course a bit. all the rust was cut out and new welded in then i removed the beam and the tank as i thought it was looking a bit scabby and all the underseal was redone.

then got back onto the boot, sanded it all down primed and painted same colour as outside.

hole in sill

DSC_0115_zps854c7a8b.jpg

DSC_0121_zps6aa49b37.jpg

sunroof drains

DSC_0117_zpsb118b89f.jpg

DSC_0119_zps3ba567e3.jpg

DSC_0120_zpsac0210a4.jpg

plated and filled

DSC_0142_zpsd85fc3ab.jpg

DSC_0157_zpsc5344c67.jpg

other side was not so bad

DSC_0156_zps9ad9214c.jpg

underside primed

DSC_0137_zpsb54e37ee.jpg

DSC_0140_zps1ddb755f.jpg

DSC_0143_zps3037afbc.jpg

then underseal

DSC_0145_zpsfec50a73.jpg

DSC_0152_zpse35a7430.jpg

a few of the finished boot

DSC_0154_zps817777c4.jpg

DSC_0153_zpsc5246090.jpg

happy with the colour can hardly see the difference between the two

DSC_0149_zpsd02ccb5e.jpg

DSC_0148_zpsa8a51f68.jpg

before

DSC_0082_zps9b74842e.jpg

after

DSC_0147_zps441d6f59.jpg

next will be door cards then cage back in

rallyeash

Good work

jamie_1992

so time for a little update, the cars starting to go back together now, the tank is back in and so is the cage. iv also fitted some new door cards and test fit the carpet just waiting to get some more paint now to finish off the doors and floor in colour, anyway pics say it better.

DSC_0158_zps38796d42.jpg

rear door cards are riveted as there is no need to remove them

DSC_0159_zpsc43b0fb9.jpg

fronts are held on with m5 allen held bolts and captive nuts so easy removal (you can pay £15 for a set of 10 from the door card suppliers or just search on ebay and get all for under £5 so well worth a shop about)

DSC_0160_zpsa14783d5.jpg

DSC_0162_zps8cfd1401.jpg

DSC_0161_zpsc39a4e1e.jpg

also made up these plates to cover up the bit of dash that needed to be removed

DSC_0167_zpsf0fe8ef3.jpg

DSC_0166_zps9d34c688.jpg

DSC_0170_zpsc19cbccb.jpg

jamie_1992

so been waiting for parts for a week and finally turned up so have been able to get on and get some work done. first was to get the beam rebuilt with new seals and shafts, then got that on and plumbed in new brakes lines and braided hoses with bias valve in car, then it was onto the front end.

IMG_0012_zpslntsbhef.jpg

IMG_0014_zps5u3ze6kk.jpg

IMG_0015_zpsh5eqqmc9.jpg

IMG_0016_zpszxlyznhn.jpg

got given an auto bonnet for free when i pick up the roll cage it already had cheap bonnet pins screwed on so got them off and got some aero catches on

IMG_0009_zpsurt1vsnj.jpg

IMG_0008_zpsvhvm3zc3.jpg

just need to finish painting it

then was onto the front, the inner arches were looking a bit scabby so set out to do those and got a bit carryed away

this was how i started.

IMG_0017_zpsdy56qgy5.jpg

then ended up with this

IMG_0021_zpstonkymgi.jpg

IMG_0020_zpseeuoo6jo.jpg

IMG_0022_zpsy5j24z2d.jpg

then to this

IMG_0024_zpssdkmbqox.jpg

IMG_0025_zpseibdxqee.jpg

IMG_0026_zpst023f1ra.jpg

IMG_0027_zpsaqjnrqad.jpg

then started to go back together

IMG_0029_zpsc2smdjor.jpg

blandy

Good job paint looks great.

Nice few deeres you have there as well

rallyeash

Is there such a thing... Hehe. Actually I can be honest now I don't work at a CNH dealer :)

Anthony

One criticism if I may.... those brake lines in the final picture.

You've gone to all that time and hassle spraying the engine bay to make it look nice, and then you go and fit the brake lines looking like you've thrown them in with no time or thought. It would look so much nicer if they were properly straightened and if you'd taken the time to route them properly.

Not only that, but I'd say that in places they must be bordering on an MOT fail for not being adequately supported, notably under the washer bottle and where the other line goes underneath the servo.

Edit: Actually, looking at it again, what is going on with the pipe layout? Have you put that T-piece in with two MC outlets feeding one pipe just to avoid having to get a few pence worth of blanking piece and doing it properly?!

Edited by Anthony

jamie_1992

One criticism if I may.... those brake lines in the final picture.

You've gone to all that time and hassle spraying the engine bay to make it look nice, and then you go and fit the brake lines looking like you've thrown them in with no time or thought. It would look so much nicer if they were properly straightened and if you'd taken the time to route them properly.

Not only that, but I'd say that in places they must be bordering on an MOT fail for not being adequately supported, notably under the washer bottle and where the other line goes underneath the servo.

Edit: Actually, looking at it again, what is going on with the pipe layout? Have you put that T-piece in with two MC outlets feeding one pipe just to avoid having to get a few pence worth of blanking piece and doing it properly?!

did i not need to bother with the front t piece? thought i needed to have both plumbed in and not yet finished securing them in yet im waiting for some more clips.

any tips for getting the lines nice and straight?

Anthony

No, you just need one outlet for the rear and two for the fronts, with the 4th outlet blanked off assuming you've a single line to the rear.

That's how a standard 1.6 GTi is plumbed in, just I'm guessing you've a bias valve instead of a compensator.

There's a proper tool for straightening the pipes properly, but with a bit of patience you can do a pretty good job by hand.

jamie_1992

ok thanks looks like the next job is to redo that pipe

dobboy

If you are going to be messing about with your brake pipes and want it neat you could maybe consider doing what i done, which is running them through the scuttle panel area, there are holes you can use to run them in and out of. (I also covered mine in black heatshrink), makes the bay look a bit tidier imo.

With a decent flaring tool and new pipe it doesn't take long to renew the pipes and fittings entirely with the engine out and the car up off all fours, and doesn't cost much to do either.

Keep chipping away at it!

jamie_1992

well the engine is back in along with the subframe and turrets, redone the brake lines and all fixed down not much more has been done just lots of small jobs to get it all back together

DSC_0783_zpslzob2skf.jpg

DSC_0782_zpstw1w2fib.jpg

DSC_0777_zpskrw5eeds.jpg

DSC_0776_zpsxqcsse9g.jpg

also got this bottle fitted for screen wash

DSC_0781_zpsi2moisrz.jpg

jamie_1992

so iv been on trim and bumpers this weekend. first off was bumper mounts and not wanting to pay rather large sums of money just to hold a bumper on i set about making the bits up myself

first of were the top hat nuts for the front bumpers and got 5 pairs made for £6 so quite a saving over the £20 a pair then i had a go at making the t bolts (no pics of these yet).

IMG_0055_zpsmbqsyb0a.jpg

IMG_0057_zpsaygknmkm.jpg

IMG_0056_zpssprvkxts.jpg

so once i was happy i could bolt the bumpers on i set about getting them to look the part. started off with the red inserts, sanded them down and resparayed in a colour as close to oe as possible. then was to do the side trims and bumpers all sanded down, plastics primed then painted with a special purpose bumper paint.

how they started

DSC_0005_zpsvzat472j.jpg

DSC_0006_zpsc2gzvatn.jpg

DSC_0007_zps6sdlhygb.jpg

DSC_0008_zpsxz9osoos.jpg

DSC_0010_zpsudjmug9s.jpg

DSC_0014_zpsmvfuwwxx.jpg

how they look when done

DSC_0016_zpsqdztvivj.jpg

DSC_0017_zpsr8yyrwac.jpg

DSC_0018_zpsb8yrlvrd.jpg

DSC_0020_zpsqmhinofx.jpg

here is a comparison to the original colour

DSC_0026_zpsekez6jhu.jpg

DSC_0025_zpsfrszdlbz.jpg

will take some of the finished bumpers as forgot today but they look like new

jamie_1992

few pics of whats gone back together front bumper all painted along with insert, also got a new engine mount fitted

DSC_0032_zps08kw3smk.jpg

DSC_0033_zps4whomwwy.jpg

DSC_0034_zps7jjpw597.jpg

DSC_0035_zps9esuuhm8.jpg

DSC_0036_zpsf3za6zmg.jpg

• Like 1

dobboy

Looking good Jamie, i take it you had enough bumper fixings?

Couple of Q's for you if you don't mind?

What's the wire on the engine mount for? And where did you get your sunstrip? Looks great, is it on the inside or outside of the window?

And where's your window washer bottle re-homed to?

jamie_1992

Looking good Jamie, i take it you had enough bumper fixings?

Couple of Q's for you if you don't mind?

What's the wire on the engine mount for? And where did you get your sunstrip? Looks great, is it on the inside or outside of the window?

And where's your window washer bottle re-homed to?

i made all the bumper fixings and nicked the front insert off my other car, have not fitted the trims yet so may still need some bits.

the wire on the engine mount is the earth for the lights on that side, its not the best but the bolt has snapped off in the original earth block. the sun strip is just a cheap halfords one, you can see too well in the photo but i got a crease in it when putting it on so might redo it and its on outside.

and for the washer bottle its in the back next to the rear screen wash, although im not 100% on this as it just looks out of place, it was only £8 for the complete kit of ebay

DSC_0781_zpsx4u9t90m.jpg

welshpug

here's an idea for you, use a 106/306 stalk and washer motor, and use just the rear reservoir :D will take a bit of wiring and bracket making to get working.,