• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
idoari

Someone Has Klarius Exhaust ?

idoari

Hi,

i thinking of buyng new original exhaust for my 205 gti 1.6 because the one that i have now (ramus) is too loud. i did a little research and i find out that Klarius is one of the OEM exhaust manufacturer. can someone that has this exhaust take a short clip of the sound coming out of it? i taking about the Klarius PG209P and PG210M.

thanks

Ido

bondo

Sorry not got the car with me but I have that exhaust on a 1990 1.6gti and i must say I am impressed with the sound, nice and low throaty not at all tinny and not too loud. Front section doesn't have the split downpipe though I have not noticed any difference (the old oem exhaust was shagged).

Alan77

I had a Klarius back box and it lasted 13 months before the baffles fell apart. Go for a Walker or Bosal exhaust if you can get them...

ATK

My first Klarius blew open. Second is ok so far!!

farmer

Pug still do the genuine olive fitment back box as far as am aware.

I get a favourable discount on them

scbond

I have a Klarius downpipe to rear and that's been fine. Can't speak for their backbone as my old one was fine. Olive seal could be a bit better (the clamp is a Klarius) but then again I like the sound haha

Edited by scbond

Anthony

I've got a couple of Klarius exhausts that have come on 205's I've bought - seemed to work OK on 8v's and the only issue seems to be that they are quite rust prone, like the aluminisation (sp?) is inadequate. Both were less than a year old, with one only covering something like 1500 miles, and both were showing surprising amount of surface rust.

Bosal seem to last much better and is where my money would go for a pattern system.

Pug still do the genuine olive fitment back box as far as am aware.

From memory, they only do the CAT/TD variant now (same part number) with the non-CAT listed as NFP. I'm running a new OE CAT backbox on my 205 GTi-6 and it seems to work fine and subjectively feels far better quality/build than a cheap pattern system like a Klarius

idoari

I've got a couple of Klarius exhausts that have come on 205's I've bought - seemed to work OK on 8v's and the only issue seems to be that they are quite rust prone, like the aluminisation (sp?) is inadequate. Both were less than a year old, with one only covering something like 1500 miles, and both were showing surprising amount of surface rust.

Bosal seem to last much better and is where my money would go for a pattern system.

From memory, they only do the CAT/TD variant now (same part number) with the non-CAT listed as NFP. I'm running a new OE CAT backbox on my 205 GTi-6 and it seems to work fine and subjectively feels far better quality/build than a cheap pattern system like a Klarius

ok i've understansd that Bosel last longer but what about the loudness bosel vs Klarius ?

lagonda

I have a Klarius back box on my CTi, it replaced the previous Arvin/Timax one. The front section is still the Arvin/Timax one bought fitted around 10 years ago. The Klarius back box was fitted about 2 years ago and seems OK so far.

Sound-wise, I'd say it's just right, sounds quite sporty but certainly not loud. The system fitted when I bought the car was some other make and sounded like a wet fart, so I was pleased with the improvement with the current set-up.