• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
forbeslongden

Worth Saving?

forbeslongden

Heya everyone,

I just seen this on eBay and I'm wondering if you guys reckon it's worth putting an interior back into it, MOT it and sell it on, naturally I'm not likely to make much off it without respray/refurb/service etc but it seems pretty solid and a bit sorry for itself.

Again, I'm not really looking at turning a profit, more empathy for the car and keeping one on the road.

forbeslongden

$_57.JPG​

$_57.JPG​

$_57.JPG​

$_57.JPG​

$_57.JPG​

$_57.JPG​

$_57.JPG​

welshpug

floors look solid enough, hasn't been off the road that long judging by the tyres on it, at least being a phase2 interiors are easy enough to source.

forbeslongden

floors look solid enough, hasn't been off the road that long judging by the tyres on it, at least being a phase2 interiors are easy enough to source.

I'm extremely tempted by it, that dirt looks pretty easy to remove and the engine runs, sadly the bucket seat isn't included but it sounds like a roll cage is, which I could probably sell to help fund the interior. I think the main sod is going to be those black plastics used in the rear of the car to hide speakers and whatnot and possibly the roof carpet bits.

It's a bit of money at £500 starting bid - I'm not sure it's worth that though....

nick205

Got to be worth a punt. At the very least you could break it and sell for parts.

dale205mills

I have looked at that on Ebay and its not that far from me, I have brought many like that over the years, be a bit of a shame to brake up as theirs not much left on it really to sell and looking by the condition it would be a shame to cut it up for panel repairs on other 205's. I have got three sets of full phase 2 interior up in my loft as well, bidding war it is :lol:

forbeslongden

I have looked at that on Ebay and its not that far from me, I have brought many like that over the years, be a bit of a shame to brake up as theirs not much left on it really to sell and looking by the condition it would be a shame to cut it up for panel repairs on other 205's. I have got three sets of full phase 2 interior up in my loft as well, bidding war it is :lol:

To be fair, if you're buying it to save it, I've got no problems with forfeiting to you. I was going to have a go on it to stop folk like 205Nuts and Pugplus buying it to strip it. It looks too good to break up to be honest, even in that condition. If you've got some interior and are closer it makes more sense for you to have it, if not, I'll have a go.

dale205mills

To be fair, if you're buying it to save it, I've got no problems with forfeiting to you. I was going to have a go on it to stop folk like 205Nuts and Pugplus buying it to strip it. It looks too good to break up to be honest, even in that condition. If you've got some interior and are closer it makes more sense for you to have it, if not, I'll have a go.

I mite send him a pm if no one has a bid and see if there is some movement on the price, only reason I look at cars like this is I have a recovery truck so picking cars up or bare body shells it no a problem

forbeslongden

That's cool, i'd have to send up a truck anyway so if you've got the means, go for it.... Just don't break it :P

Reebmit

Go on Dale you need another! ;) I can't have anymore red ones....

dale205mills

Go on Dale you need another! ;) I can't have anymore red ones....

Im falling over 205's at home left right and center, one in garage, one in workshop, 2 in the yard and then on top of that I got the German junk and the pikey truck, can see me being nice to Grandad and using his drive way as I can get two on there.

2052NV

AT LEAST SAVE THAT GEARKNOB!

forbeslongden

Anyone here snag it?