• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dukey

Intermittent Kangaroo Like Activity. Where's My Map?

Dukey

My CJ is behaving odd and I'd quite like to check the map sensor if there is one. anyone got any clues?

it's the tu3 with dizzy and single point injection. sometimes when starting from vaguely warm (being left at the supermarket then coming back with lots of bags) it starts up really rough and kangaroos and cuts out. after a bit it settles down and idles fine. also when cold it is hesitant to accelerate and is running about 33mpg - is this normal? my 1.9 does better mpg!

have seen cheap idle control units (found it) and map sensors (where on earth??) on ebay but I'd like to know what to swap and where bits are first haha

also found a random vacuum take off point to the right of the throttle body (correct terminology? it's the bit where the injection lives). it had a cover on the take off point which has disintegrated, but after conneting a hose it doesn't seem to be "sucking" anyway.

thanks for any help! can take pictures if needed or for future ref!