• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
forbeslongden

How Easy/hard To Remove?

stepples

Stripped the back out today and the floor plan is fairly clean. Tiny bit of surface that but nothing major or deep at all.

forbeslongden

Post up some photos if you get a chance :)

stepples

Will do, took some today but phone won't upload them

Edp

If you removed the Lexus lights , the whale tail spoiler and M3 mirrors then fitted a set of white Speedline SL434's on spacers you might get away with it - provided you ditch the subwoofer and under no circumstances play any drum and bass :blink:

Hey man don't spoil my fun !!

stepples

No stereo or speakers will solve the drum and bass issue

stepples

Pictures of the boot pan and inner arch. Some surface rust but no holes and arches are clean (apart from the glue making them look dirty!)

post-22791-0-34721700-1413390734_thumb.jpeg

post-22791-0-54106600-1413390761_thumb.jpeg

welshpug

those areas each side will be holes, its where the rail underneath is spot welded to the boot floor.

Anthony

those areas each side will be holes, its where the rail underneath is spot welded to the boot floor.

Yup, common 205 rot spot - pokey tool will find holes. Probably that one at the rear won't be too clever either.

Can't see if it's just a trick of the light, but is that a large rust patch on the offside under where the rear seat base would be? Again, a common rot spot but that looks like it's a fairly significant size and will likely become a fair hole once poked...

Still, fair play for taking it on and most would have shied away :)

stepples

Yeah that's just shadow and a harness! Thanks for the comments. Knew it wouldn't be perfect but glad it's a common problem and glad it's not worse. Difficult to tell the extent but have had a poke and not gone through anywhere yet!

forbeslongden

My white one was worse than this and was really rotten in some areas of the boot. I think that's not too bad going by the pictures.

stepples

Also looks like it has been under sealed which is good as someone has tried to take care of it but maybe bad as not sure what else could be hiding. In general really happy with the condition!

stepples

Removed more of the interior and only found 1 tiny hole, when stabbed at with a screwdriver the hole didn't get any bigger so no major issues flaring up at the moment.

mowflow

Also looks like it has been under sealed which is good as someone has tried to take care of it but maybe bad as not sure what else could be hiding. In general really happy with the condition!

The boot looks slightly worse than mine was and I ended up with a fair bit of welding once I got the wire wheel grinder out.

These cars were more than adequetly sealed from the factory so I'd wonder why someone felt the need to add to that.

How are the front inner wings and headlight panel? Those were the worst areas on mine.

stepples

The front inner wings drivers side panel is absolutely fine. I am rubbish at explaining but on the passenger side where the 2 panels meet will need a weld but don't need to cut out and replace. Will try to upload a picture, it won't let me do it from my mobile.

Juttie205

that picture of inside boot is not showing the inner arches and allthough they may look ok from inside depends how kit has been kitted to them as as on my dimma the outer wing was cut and folded over and thats where the rust was mine looked fine from inside car.

stepples

IMG_1263.jpg

inside the front arch

stepples

Tomorrow is mot day. Expecting it to fail but that way I will have a list of what needs doing to get it road legal.

stepples

Apart from things not working due to wiring there were no major problems. No issues on corrosion, just things like lights not working etc. that would have been where a previous owners attempted to do the wiring themselves. Already started to strip down the front.

gibbz

Did you give up?

any updates?

Edited by gibbz

stepples

Been trying to post photos but the phone won't let me! I have bought wires from a donor 205 so will be getting to the wiring this week hopefully.

stepples

Bought these wires and will begin attaching them very soon to try and sort out the mess of wirespost-22791-0-16261700-1428072116_thumb.jpg

stepples

Indicators bought, just need the mounts nowpost-22791-0-79073000-1428072217_thumb.jpg

stepples

So my side lights were completely messed up through the wiring that had been put in. So with no knowledge of skills behind me I set about removing the mess and used a crimping set to reattach standard wires that I got from a breaking 205. This is the first connection, many more to go.post-22791-0-51198800-1428671238_thumb.jpg

Juttie205

Dont take this wrong way but a better repair to the looms would be to solder and heatshrink all joints instead of using crimps.

stepples

Yeah, thanks for the advice, appreciate it. I don't have much clue about what I am doing so it's a case of trial and improvement. Crimps didn't work, got all the wires sorted but no joy when I turned on the lights. Back to the drawing board and gotta find a multimeter to find out what is going on.