• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
omri617

Throttle Position Sensor Correct Positioning

omri617

Happily I found a throttle body which has the solenoid for the AC , fitted and works fine!

When it was fitting the TPS I noticed it has some kind of adjustment . It has a 'click' . My question is: how do I adjust it and position it correctly?

And , what importance there is for connecting the throttle to the cooling system ?

Thanks a lot!

Ryan

The click is the idle position switch. The correct way to adjust it is so that it clicks just as the throttle plate starts to move.

The coolant connections are to stop the throttle from icing up in cold damp weather. It's mainly only a problem in cold countries. I think a lot of people in the UK don't bother, so you'll probably be fine in Israel.

omri617

I adjusted It the way you said Ryan , thanks!

On it's bottom there are another 2 smaller pipe outputs , what connects to them ?

omri617

These are the ones I meant :

post-19435-0-19042100-1411420189_thumb.jpg

omri617

I don't want to start a new thread , just wanted to ask about the Brake Fluid sensor : I tried to short both wires that connect to it , and I didn't get any alarm / sign on the instrument panel . What should I be checking?

By the way , I wish to share something I managed to fix today which is the Clock - it's light was flickering on and off , removed the 2 screws of it , took out the PCB - it had Cracked Solder Joints especially the connectors - reflowed the solder and it's 100% fixed!

omri617

If that's the case so It's fine - It really lights up. thanks.

The outputs on the throttle body in the photo I posted are for breathers?

jackherer

I haven't run an 8V engine for years but IIRC it is a breather and the vacuum advance that connect there.

welshpug

one is a vac test point the other the vac line for the vacuum advance capsule.

omri617

You mean the vaccum advance from the dizzy?

I'm not aware of any capsules in my car ..

welshpug

you may not if it has Motronic.

omri617

Aha thanks First of all.. My setup is weird a bit.. DKZ engine , 1.6 AFM, 340 ecu , and The dizzy i have is DUCELLIER part number 2525640b f7 / 0023D018 with a rotor arm .

So mixed Jetronic/Motronic