• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Bovien

Lower Engine Mount. Which Models Share?

Bovien

Which models share the aluminium engine mount? The one that have the drive shaft going through it. I need to find a new one at a salvage yard, but need to know which Peugeot models and engine sizes (not engine codes) uses this to be interchangable with the 1.9.

Thanks!

welshpug

Any xu and xud bolted to a be box.

jackherer

As above, it is the XU/BE combination you are looking for, the mount has to line the driveshaft up with the diff.

Bovien

So actually only GTI? Both 205 and 309?

welshpug

no, as mentioned ANYTHING with an XU or XUD engine with a BE box bolted to it.

Bovien

thanks, that helps a lot! My issue is that salvage yards in DK only gives car model and engine size. But from your description almost alle 205/309/405 and a lot of citroen would have that, as long as they are manual. Sadly I need to order this online or on phone. Sadly very few i talk to know anything more that said engine size and model.. I'll take a drive to the nearest places I think.. THanks again

welshpug

I could sell you one, depends what the postage cost would be VS what a breaker would charge in your country ?

with a 205, anything 1580cc upwards, same goes for the 405 and 309, BX, the 306 Xsara ZX, its anything 1.8 up because the 1.6 is a TU engine.