• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gtiburge

Boging Down At Top Of The Rev Range

gtiburge

I have recently had a 1.98v installed back in to my car used to b gti6 but that was fooked! And wanted to go original I dident have the money at the time to buy a original loom so I just extended the original 8v loom the wires are in the wright place As the car starts and runs fine except when I floor it it revs fine and pulls as expected until 4000 ish rpm then it bogs down and won't rev cleanley / very fast to redline , I have replaced a load of items with ones that are known to work fine these are

Afm

Cold start valve

Tps

Injectors

Ecu temp sensor

Distributer

I think it could b the tps I understand how it works and no that it richens the mixture at full throttel and cuts fuel when it is shut it's as if it's not getting enough fuel up high revs I have tested it and it's fine

So has anyone had this same issue or any pointers on what it could be i don't have loads of money to throw at it and it is my daily so would quite like it to go well I am located Blandford dorset if any one is close and willing to help it would b much appreciated I no miles is not far from me but like i said I don't have bags of £££ to chuck at it at the moment

help much appreciated

jackherer

Sounds like it could be the ignition amp, try taking it off the heatsink, cleaning the amp and the heatsink then reapplying new thermal transfer paste.

gtiburge

Ok will do I have tried another amp b4 but only plugged it in and left it hanging to se weather it made any difference but it didn't dose it have to b bolted up properly to work I will try it anyway

jackherer

The amp and heatsink doesn't have to be bolted to the car but the amp does need to be bolted onto a heatsink and the paste between the two needs to be in good condition.