• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cRaig

Electric Roof Switch Wiring

cRaig

Ive finished all of the loom for the rear electric window openers, and have got as far as the switch. Does anyone have a pin out, or diagram for the electric roof switch?

I'd like to know which pins are the positive and negative in, and then which are the outputs to the motor. With 5 pins there are quite a few combinations to try and do it via guesswork! :D

Thanks,

Craig

Anthony

Not sure if it's the same as a window switch, but if it is, the wiring will be as follows:

1. Motor wire 1

2. Earth

3. Switched +12v

4. Earth

5. Motor wire 2

cRaig

Well, the switch visually looks identical, apart from being slightly shorter, so that seems a sensible place to start, thanks!

Which is pin 1 on the switch by the way, as they arent labelled in any obvious way. Im guessing pin 1 is on the lhs on the side where the pins are more visible, with the plug in? (if that makes sense?)

So pin one is on the left side of this photo?

EDIT: the plug is labelled on the other side!! :D Will go test now :)

post-9978-0-26507100-1407498520_thumb.jpg

Edited by cRaig

Weser

Been a while since I fiddled with the roof switch but I am pretty Anthony is right.

When pressed one way Pins 1 and 3 link. When pressed the other way pins 5 and 3 link.

I might be wrong though its been a while. A multimeter should confirm.

cRaig

Yep, its a window switch, and the above wiring worked. Sitting in the boot with both quarter windows opening and closing simultaneously on the switch has brought me great joy! :D

Thanks for your help :)

• Like 1