• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob_the_Sparky

Be1 Clutch Cable Availability?

Rob_the_Sparky

Spoken to Euro Car Parts and they have discontinued and GSF now only lists one cable, which is for a BE3. Anyone sourced one recently? I could probably recover mine for a while with a dose of oil but will need a new one eventually...

Anthony

Motaquip certainly still stocked them very recently - last one I got (a BE3 admittedly) was a Dura branded cable identical to OE.

Just remember that there's two different BE1 cables depending on age and changeover was around a F reg.

• Like 1

farmer

Forget genuine Peugeot ones anyway.

I fitted one and the quality compared to the QH one was evident.

Rob_the_Sparky

Ah great Anthony, you have to complicate things, as usual my car is right on the cross over...

Slo

Been thinking of getting a spare for a while and would rather get one when its not needed with plenty of time. Can a be3 one be modded to be1 at all?

I've got a phase 1 e reg cti, no idea on length

S@m

Sadly motaquip have also discontinued both of the BE1 cables;

post-13709-0-25200100-1406881470.jpg

I recently fitted a Quniton Hazell BE3 cable, so they might be worth a try for BE1...i don't have access to their eCat though.

Edited by Sam306

Anthony

Ah great Anthony, you have to complicate things, as usual my car is right on the cross over...

I do my best Rob :D

Check the fitting where the cable enters the bottom of the pedal box - the earlier cable has a (usually black) twist fitting and the later cable has a (usually white) push in plastic fitting that sits inside a rubber grommit.

Be careful as some suppliers will only list one - usually the earlier twist-fit cable.

Oh, and some bad news - just checked the e-cat looks like Motaquip have deleted both BE1 cables from their range :(

S@m

This one might be worth a look

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-205-1-6-1-9-Gti-1-8D-309-1-6-1-9-D-Clutch-Cable-BE1-Gearbox-Non-PAS-/380954720836?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item58b2abba44

Can clearly see the end fittings in the picture to compare to yours and there's a few others on there.

Edited by Sam306

farmer

I can get hold of genuine early cables chaps if that helps

• Like 1

pug_ham

When I got a clutch cable in an emergency for my 306 hdi it was a QH bag with a Dura cable in it so there are several sources for an be1 cable from the oe manufacturer but it is very likely luck of the drawer.

g

S@m

Annoyingly, I noticed today that one of the BE3 cables has now been discontinued aswell;

post-13709-0-62337100-1407333723.jpg

Albeit the uncommon one.

Edited by Sam306

Anthony

Don't worry Sam - that's the type that I don't think I've ever seen fitted to a 205/309 and which isn't listed/stocked by most other suppliers anyway.

maturin23

Did anyone manage to find somewhere stocking the later BE1 cables?

My 205 is a 1989 model (originally with PAS - now running Saxo electric PAS)

Any ideas?

welshpug

Fairly sure firstline still do them, most motorfactors around here do that brand.

Rams_gti6

I've got one, brand new in bag bought by mistake. £15 if it's any good to anyone

Karl

Andrew page do them :) but as Anthony mentioned there is 2 types so id take your old one in to be sure

Edited by Karl

Alastairh

Just thought I would update this as I was searching at the weekend for a late BE1 cable for my car. First line do still stock the late be1 cables under pn: FKC1103. Available on eBay by that part number, or by your local first line stockist. I paid £18 for mine at fits a treat.

Al

Alan77

I've just found the Motaquip VVC372 BE1 cable on ebay for £11. Item 400932460012