• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
john-melbourne

What Parts To Replace?

john-melbourne

Hi Guys,

Now my engine is finally running, i want to keep everything in tip top shape, so with this in mind, i have a new oil filter, oil, plugs, fuel filter, radiator, coolant, timing belt, tensioner, auxiliary belt and water pump.

I am also going to be replacing the metal coolant pipe as mine as started to corrode, the radiator had seen better days hence why i have bought a replacement.

Is there anything else i should be looking at replacing at the same time, any sensors or switches?

Thanks

John

jackherer

If I was replacing every other part of the cooling system I would check the condition of the heater matrix.

Anthony

Put a replacement thermostat on there while you're there if it's not been done recently that you're aware of - it's almost silly not to given how cheap they are whilst you've got the cooling system drained down to do the radiator.

QTH332K is the part number for a pattern 82 degree 'stat for an 1.6/1.9 8v or 1.9 Mi16.

john-melbourne

Re the hater matrix, does this look right, seems cheap?

http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/c/Peugeot_205+Cabriolet_1.6_1988/p/car-parts/car-cooling-parts-and-car-heating/heating/heater-matrix/?214735000&1&e2afecacfb3dc8bf07f028fc1574a72feca5c536&000189

It says date from 08/90, but that's the one that's come up for my reg?

Thanks

John

mrfirepro

second Ali, Hoses, the BBM OE set is well worth the money

john-melbourne

second Ali, Hoses, the BBM OE set is well worth the money

I better start saving then!

any idea on the matrix i posted above?

Anthony

The CP4L / ECP heater matrix is a pattern one but it works well enough, and one that I fitted a few years back is still going strong despite enduring a massively over-pressurised cooling system for months(!) thanks to a couple of blown headgaskets by the subsequent owners.

Some people have said that the pipes didn't fit properly, but the couple that I've fitted have been a perfect fit.

scbond

To add to what Anthony said, I got mine from ECP a few momths back and it has been working perfectly fine.

As for other things to replace, I'd say inspect electrical connectors and replace any if necessary. When I was looking for a 205 I was determined to have a loom as it was when it left production...that didn't last very long at all!

john-melbourne

Thanks Guys,

Just wondered why that one was half the price of the other one.

John

john-melbourne

Does everyone replace the metal pipe with a stainless steel one, or buy the cheaper one from GSF?

Thanks

John

Anthony

The normal one is fine and will last a good few years, particularly on cars that aren't used throughout the winter months, but personally for the sake of a few quid I'd get the stainless one which should outlast the rest of the car.

john-melbourne

Put a replacement thermostat on there while you're there if it's not been done recently that you're aware of - it's almost silly not to given how cheap they are whilst you've got the cooling system drained down to do the radiator.

QTH332K is the part number for a pattern 82 degree 'stat for an 1.6/1.9 8v or 1.9 Mi16.

Hi Anthony,

Is that a pug part number?

Thanks

John

scbond

Hi Anthony,

Is that a pug part number?

Thanks

John

That's a part number for an aftermarket part. The Peugeot number is 1338.37.