• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jme

Lightweight Flywheel 200Mm Or 215Mm

Jme

Hi guys

As above I'm looking at getting a light flywheel and new clutch kit I have a mi16 1.9 ally block with a 1.9 8v box just need some info as what one I need a 200mm or a 215mm thanks a lot :)

allanallen

Mi16s use a 215mm clutch/flywheel.

A better mod to 'liven' up your car would be a more suitable gearbox ;)

Jme

Yer because it seams that the last track day I done I didn't even hit 5th gear I was doing 160 in 4th what wuld make it shorter and more livey??

jackherer

You want a gearbox from a 205 1.6, 405 Mi16 or Xsara VTS.

http://205gti.com/techgearboxUK.htm

With a 1.9 'box you're wasting the potential of your Mi16 engine on the road or track.

Jme

Is a Saxo vts box any good as trying to get a 205 box in Spain or Gibraltar is as rear as rocking horse poo and will my quffie LSD fit in outher box's

jackherer

No, it wont fit and even if it did it would just break as they are notoriously weak.

You can get a final drive from a 1.6 or Mi16 box and it will fit your box and achieve the same results and wont be too bad to ship internationally.

Your Quaife will fit any BE gearbox.

Jme

Ok I'm going to look for a 1.6 final drive as I've just had the g/box recond in Madrid (cost a lot of cash as everything in Spain) and the box is so smooth now. what flywheel and clutch set up would you say will suit the box for track days only as car not road worthy

jackherer

How much do you want to spend? Either get your original flywheel machined to lighten it locally or get an alloy one. The standard clutch will be fine.

Jme

Anything machined in Spain will cost a lot I've been looking at the ally one on spooks.co.uk I was just unsure of the 200mm and 215mm one as I've got a few clutch's for a 1.9 8v and a half dead clutch for the mi16

allanallen

Personally I'd fit the 4.4 final drive from an mi16 box in to your 1900 box and leave the standard clutch and flywheel in.

Jme

Ok so what one better a 1.6 final drive or mi16 like I said its only for track day use some tracks are short and Jerez and portimaul both have a 1km long stright

welshpug

Naah 4.93 is where its at :D

Jme

That website is really handy to understand the diffance to change FD I just whip out the diff and FD and slap on the new one anything else I have to change??

Henry 1.9GTi

pinion?

allanallen

Crownwheel and pinion ;)

Tom Fenton

To change the final drive on a Peugeot box the whole thing needs to come to bits as the pinion is on the end of the main shaft which carries the rest of the gears. Not something to take lightly.

I agree with Allan on the 4.4. Anything shorter (higher number) will mean you run out of top speed on straights of any length.