• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
aarontrophy

2.0 Turbo Camshaft Question

aarontrophy

Hi guys

I have recently had my 205 gti 2.0 turbo (406 Sri engine) mapped. It's running Omex 600 few other bits.

It made 215.5bhp ATW but the issue I'm seeing is my 215bhp is at 5200-5500rpm and drops down before hitting rev limiter.

I have a 1.9 205 gti cam shaft in the car ( well was told that when had engine built) with a cat cam vernier pulley.

I was wondering if it could be down to my camshaft timing, the guy that mapped it said it could need advancing? Or is that just where the power runs out on the camshaft or maybe someone could have an idea on what could be causing this to happen

Cheers

welshpug

Its the turbo running out of puff, not seen any of these rev any further with the original manifold and turbo.

was never intended to rev, hence the CT badging on the citroen variants, constant torque, to haul the barges they were in

the cam is good for a 6000-6200 peak power when in n-a form.

Edited by welshpug

jackherer

It shouldn't matter if you have a long enough gearbox to stretch those revs out.

• Like 1

aarontrophy

Gearbox is a Vts 5 speed

jackherer

That's too short, try a 1.9 GTI or even a diesel box and it'll be a lot better I reckon. The torque will be plenty enough to pull well with those ratios and it will hold boost for much longer.

aarontrophy

Ok I will I think I have a 1.9 box at my workshops is there a code on the box to show its a 1.9?

jackherer

Unfortunately not, you have to calculate the ratio manually by turning the input shaft and counting turns on the diff.

jackherer

It should be, yes. I don't know much about diesels TBH, but they all have relatively long boxes.

Have you seen this page? http://205gti.com/techgearboxUK.htm

It gives you some idea of the spread of ratios and speeds (in KM/H) in each gear, it doesn't list the 306 box but it does have various diesel ratios.