• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gtiburge

1988 Fuse Box Wire /plug Number Aa

gtiburge

I have just got my car running after going back to 1.9 8 v but the left wire on plug AA in the fuse box has been cut I have looked at the Haynes manuel and I think I'm right in saying that it should go to the the tacanemic relay but all the wires are fine that end and none of them are the same as the wire that is cut (thick yellow ) I have had the car running by power probing the wire to operate the fuel pump but would like to put the wire in to its correct place

Help much appreciated

Ryan

AA is the fuel pump fuse. Power comes in through a thick white wire from the tachymetric relay, through the fuse (#14), and then out through the thick yellow wire to the fuel pump.

gtiburge

So if the white is the feed why is it that when I giv the yellow wire 12 v it pumps could u give me an idea where to find the yellow wire from the pump to the connecter is

Ryan

The full circuit from the battery is: Battery ----> tachymetric relay --(white wire)--> fusebox --(yellow wire)--> fuel pump ----> earth.

If you put 12V on the yellow wire then you're bypassing the tachymetric relay and the fuse, so that's why the pump runs.

Edited by Ryan

gtiburge

Ok thanks