• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rich_p

Interior Wiring Removal

Rich_p

I’m trying to put together a list of “to do” jobs on the 309 in an attempt to get me working on it again so I might actually get to use it again one day!

One of the jobs is to remove any unrequired interior wiring. Car wiring diagrams confuse me so starting to cut into wires is a scary prospect!

I would like to remove the door looms, stereo wiring, any speaker wiring, any wiring that’s left for the rear wiper etc etc

Do any of these items plug into any multiplugs or straight into the fuse box etc so they can easily be removed?

Or is it a case or trying to trace each wire along the loom and painstakingly remove them individually?

Henry 1.9GTi

door harness are on multiplugs so really easy to remove.

Rear wiper was also on a plug as far as I remember, just an earth bolt to remove.

All stero wiring can be removed quite easily as well once the dash and heater is out. Can't quite remember plugs as I cut it back when dash was out, then fully removed once heater was removed.

Its all pretty straight forward, and I'm not great at wiring as easily loose patience with it. I havn't stripped my loom fully back for the sake a few grams, but you can remove the bulk to make it simpler by just diving in.

Rich_p

Thanks.

I probably should explain, all of the electric parts are removed, it’s just the wiring that is left and I really don’t want to take the dash out.

The doors don’t seem to have multi plugs in, it’s just wires running though some rubber tubes into the doors. Obviously I can pull that through but it will still remain attached to the loom under the dash somewhere.

Henry 1.9GTi

yeh it all required to be pulled through the grommets but is definitely on a plug. I removed mine with dash in so you should be able to get to the plugs.

I'd imagine you'd be pretty hard pushed to remove anything else at the front of the car without taking the dash out. It would be quicker and easier in the long run.

Rear speaker wiring I believe is part of the harness that runs under the rear seats (and carpet), I chopped mine back to the fuel pump area after removing all the speakers etc..

There isnt really much else at the rear but its obviosuly alot easier to get to depending on your state of trim.

Don't be afraid to chop stuff. I have removed literally bags of wiring, and somehow the car does still work ;)