• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ian205

Engine Work (England)

Ian205

well guys my 8v engine is going like the clappers, but its time now to give her a once over and re-fresh, the valve seals and possibly guides need to be done as its leaking oil down the valves.

i also want the head port/polished with 3 sided valve seat while im at it to accomapny my highlift cam.

im finding it very difficult to find somone or company to do this in Ireland, my boss rallied 205'd for years and he suggested sending it across to england to the likes of guy croft etc...so its looking like its going to have to be done that way.

im looking for your recomendations on where to send (in particular, my head ) but maybe the full engine depending on the condition of the rings.

where i can contact these people and a rough estimation on cost

thanks in advance, Ian

dcc

Depending on what you want to spend really... Drop Sandy a pm here :)

Ian205

well id love to go all out..and do a complete engine rebuild , aftermarket pistons valves the works! but being on apprentice wages here in ireland and being too impatient to save up for such a job im just going to give the engine a proper re-fresh with the above head work

Miles

Brett Sim's is well known for 8v's or Mass but there old guy who used to do them has long gone now.

TheLarneMan

The man you want to talk to is Steven Gault in Ballymoney, Co Antrim. He rebuilt my Mi16. Really knows his stuff.

Send me a PM if you want his number.

Kane

I had my work done at Gardias engine services and couldn't fault them. I had the bottom end balanced, block and head cleaned, valves re-cut, block decked, head skimmed, liners honed etc etc which came to about 600 quid IIRC.

Batfink

Gardias do some nice work. Seen their work on an Mi16 head...