• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest dean0

Putting New Eibach Springs On

Guest dean0

I just swapped my car from the 7004 to 7001 Eibach springs. I've driven with 7004 for a while and had got used to them. On first impressions the car seems a lot lower, looking at the shocks I have only an inch before I hit the stops on the front - should I cut these? So far I haven't hit the stops yet. When resting on the stops the shock has still got about 2 inches before it bottoms out. (measured off car)

For those of you still on 7004 springs I can say with 7001 the car seems to understeer more and the ride is bouncier with the car noticably rocking front to back over bumps, but I've only done 100 miles and the back is left standard at the moment so they might get better - I hope! Otherwise I'm putting standard springs back on.

Anyone else driven these springs in yet? Did they improve your handling?

pug_ham

If the bump stops were never cut down for the original 7004 springs then I would cut the bumpstop down if the new springs are even shorter.

When I fitted my Pi springs (-35mm) I cut one of the segments off the bump stop. (iirc there are three in total so I now have only two)

It does sound as if your car could be bottoming out on the stops causing the bouncy symptoms you describe IMO.

Graham.:rolleyes:

perfecto pug

have you still got the 7004 springs, and did they make the car much lower than std or not at all??

Guest dean0

I've still got the 7004s but Eibach will be wanting them back soon. They left the ride height the same as standard, maybe even a cm higher. They are definately quite a lot stiffer than the standard springs.

Simes
have you still got the 7004 springs, and did they make the car much lower than std or not at all??

Jim,

He had the same problem has I did , the 7004 are designed for the diesel (heavier engine) so it raised my GTI up 10mm :rolleyes:

Dean0,

I chopped 30mm off my bumpstops when I put the 7001's on, prior to that they were standard.

Guest dean0

Simes, or anyone else :rolleyes:

Did you chop off from the top (where the big washer sits) or bottom of the stops? The standard stop has 2 big buffers at either end so Im thinking of chopping segments out of the middle so I don't lose these.

pug_ham

IIRC I cut the bottom of the bumpstop off, not the end where the washer sits.

Graham.:)

perfecto pug

yeah cut from the bottom up

i will be wanting some springs for my bro's STDT, so thats the heavier diesel, at the moment its sitting pretty low (say a 50mm drop from gti height) but i want to raise it 20-25mm so it has a 25-30mm drop from gti std height, i will be getting a new bilstein kit, so i will try it with the supplied springs first. i do also have a set of eibach springs, but the 7001's.

i wonder if eibach have a spring inbetween the 7001 and 7004 (like a 7002.5 :) )

Simes

Jim,

I reckon the 7004 would do the trick,

Sign in to follow this