• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stevessub

205 1.9 Difficult To Start, Please Help

stevessub

If you suspect overfueling, check you oil, not good to have petrol in the oil pan. How is your return fuel line, is it kinked?

fuel lines are good, just done some more research going to try a new fuel pressure regulator.

stevessub

Just got a used fuel pressure regulator from scrappy but its a 3 bar unit, mine is a 2.5bar how will the car run with 3 bar

welshpug

it will run a bit rich, with a lambda it will try and correct that within its programmed parameters.

stevessub

Ill fit it in a hour or so and see how it runs. hopefully it will start

stevessub

just fitted the fuel regulator but have same issue, WTF is going on,

Tom Fenton

Overfuelling is classically a water to sensor issue. I know you've changed it but if the wiring back to the ECU is bad then it still won't run right.

How has this problem developed? Did it come on gradually or all of a sudden? After any other work was completed?

stevessub

Overfuelling is classically a water to sensor issue. I know you've changed it but if the wiring back to the ECU is bad then it still won't run right.

How has this problem developed? Did it come on gradually or all of a sudden? After any other work was completed?

Ive checked wiring back to ecu from ecu temp sensor plug, is there other sensor plugs i should test, the fault come on all of a sudden 5 years ago its been in garage since

stevessub

Finally its fixed. new ecu came this morning, fired straight up Iet it warm up for 10 mins switched of then back on, problem solved after 6 years.

jackherer

It's good that you fixed it but people reading this shouldn't come to the conclusion that their ECU is faulty because they have similar symptoms.

This thread is about the 105BHP 1.9 in a late CTI which has a catalyst and lambda and the ECU is completely different to the Jetronic ECU used on most UK GTIs which never fail.

stevessub

My ecu was a jetronic ecu part no 0 280 000 345 not sure what other 205's these were fitted to but Im so happy I eventually sorted it out, this is the unit i bought.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271484985985?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648

If anyone is reading this with similar problems please do check the basics before presuming the ecu is faulty.

Edited by stevessub