• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
colti

Gpi Racing 42Mm Radiator And Cosworth Cooler Questions

colti

Hi,has anyone used these guys?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hi-Perf-aluminum-alloy-radiator-Peugeot-205-GTI-1-6-1-9L-1984-1994-/261485607438?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3ce1c1ba0e

Wanting to upgrade my borderline 2.0T cooling system but the Racetec 62mm "balls out"short rad looks to be a bit ott for my needs.

Also need to change my existing intercooler from an in front of the radiator,for a Cosworth "over rad" type as its in traffic cooling is next to nothing due to heat soak from my present "Ebay special cooler",pics attached.

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii557/colandmarg01/IMAG0314_zpse16d7362-1.jpg

Is it the norm to modify the outlet pipe of the cooler to join with the TB stub or has anyone managed to plum in a stock Cozzie intercooler?

Cheers fellow puggers!!

Slo

See my thread in my signature for a perfect intercooler that will hide behind the lower bumper vent. I'd forget the cossie IC I got one myself and gave up trying to think of a way it could possibly fit sensibly

Oh and also using a standard ally rad oe size

Edited by Slo

colti

Thats a neat install.

The 1st prob I see is that i have my oil cooler mounted behind the os fog aperture(as I didnt want hot cooler air exiting and going into the rad) ,which is,presumably where your IC hose goes through.

Slo

My temp hardly ever goes over half way due to that slim fan. Its an excellent product so far an almost silent. I was concerned about the heat soak too but its given zero problems so far apart from a leaky union when I first installed it. I couldnt mount behind the fogs because it came with premade braided hoses and tbh I didnt want to mount it where it wouldnt get maximum air flow. My engine can get seriously hot rapidly if not kept an eye on or cooled efficiently. I guess there was an element of luck in my install as it was my first attempt and it all works flawless. Thanks for the nice comment :)