• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Henry 1.9GTi

Plate Type Lsd Oil With Syncromesh

allanallen

My new rally car (proton) has a kazz plated diff and Ive used standard spec oil and kazz LSD oil, still comes out completely full of s*ite either way!

The kazz oil does make it a bit nicer on the shafts at low speeds, I run a lot of preload so it's pretty awful on slow manoeuvres!

Jon_Bmw

Thanks guys. I got this information from Millers;

My Question:

Car and gearbox:
205 Gti BE3 with Tran X plate diff. Car runs standard gearbox with syncro. Used 90% on track.
I am getting conflicting information whether to use CRX LS or just standard CRX 75w90. Your website states for plate diffs to use LS, but is this suitable for the standard syncros in the gearbox as this oil seems more marketed at dog boxes, or perhaps 'standalone' LSDs.
I would rather lose a small amount of LSD performance and keep the syncros good in the gearbox.
Their Reply:

Hello Jonathan

At one time you would have had to use separate oils for plated diffs and syncro boxes and in your case with a trans axle you would have lost the performance of the LSD but now that is not the case. Our CRX LS 75W/90NT has been designed to work in both and I have attached the datasheet of the product and you will see that syncro boxes are listed on there. I also tell customers who have got separate gearbox and a LSD to us the LS grade for both so that they are only having to buy on oil and that the friction additive for the plates is just floating around in the gearbox doing nothing and not causing any harm. I hope this explains everything for you .

Kind Regards

Nigel.

Henry from the sounds of it, you seem to be having no issue with the normal CRX, hopefully I wont with the LS (which basically has the LSD friction modifier in it as far as I can work out).
Allan,
My Tran X is set to 30/60 fully with max pre load, manual steering, so I feel your pain! I had a bit of play in an inner steering arm, and with the diff hammering on it, it sounded pretty broken. It turns heads in a bad way!
Jon