• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Cal_Jones

Mi16 Wont Start/no Spark

Cal_Jones

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone has had any issues with their Crank Sensor? as my 205 mi16 decided not to start the other day, so i took all the plugs out and none of them are sparking, iv had a mechanic look at it and he has sed that its most likely a bad crank sensor and a replacement is my best bet...

Is this the right track or does anyone know anything else it could be?

The engine is set up with throttle bodies and bike carbs with a single coil conversion, iv checked all 4 coils and connections but nothing is a miss :/

Thanks

Cal

jackherer

What ECU does it have? I assume it's an aftermarket programmable one so your best bet is to plug a laptop in and see if the ECU is seeing the engine turn over, if it does the crank sensor is fine.

Cal_Jones

Its an Emerald ECU, ahh okay but i havent got a laptop or any software to do that lol :/

jackherer

Emeralds have a red LED that turns green when the engine is turning over, if that goes green when you try to start it you know the crank sensor works.

Cal_Jones

Ahh Brilliant thanks dude il check that out :)!!