• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
roland rat

**warning** K35 Avc 205 Gti Do Not Buy This Car!

roland rat

Would like to warn fellow members about this car that i had the unfortunate plesure of going to view on Sunday.

The car in question is for sale on Ebay again which can be found here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-205-GTI-1-9-K-reg-1992-non-cat-Laser-Green-/141277338174?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item20e4c91a3

After speaking to the guy in length over the phone and be reassured that the car was worth the 4 hour journey a mate decided to agree to purchase the car.

Sadly its nowhere near as described and can only be truly labeled as a polished turd!! :(

Here is a list of the issues we picked up on while we were there

*respray is simply awful and looks like a blind monkey with a rattle can on a pogo stick has been let loose on the car

*filler and rust found in the rear quarters on both sides

*a rather large hole under the rear seats and more patches forming

*alot of rust in the boot floor and engine bay

*heater matrix burst on test drive

*slight camber on rear beam

Hopefully no one will get caught with it as its a poor example and the guy selling it is a lying kent who deserves to have fleas!

Edited by roland rat
  • Like 1

dcc

Unlucky ratty!

nveeate

Just shows how deceptive photos can be - it looks pretty decent!

Edited by nveeate

roland rat

Unlucky ratty!

Tell me about it spaniel! Just going to restore his laser 1.6 instead now

Just shows how deceptive photos can be - it looks pretty decent!

Pics look tidy but trust me it's a s*itter!

Clapton_Is_God

Report the ad to eBay for foul and abusive language.

They're very hot on that kind of thing, it'll be gone by the end of the day ;)

forbeslongden

That'd probably explain why it sold once and was re-listed.

Edp
RELISTED DUE TO EBAY POLICE BEING OFFENDED ABOUT 1 WORD

Come on, who grassed him up :D

• Like 1

AlexRS2782

Evidently "only 2 issues with the car" lol

RELISTED DUE TO EBAY POLICE BEING OFFENDED ABOUT 1 WORD

Come on, who grassed him up :D

Quite amusing but also annoying at the same time. So eBay will remove a listing pretty much instantly for a single rude word but yet you report a listing where someone is selling a ringing kit (just the paperwork V5, VIN plate, etc) where the car has long been scrapped and they either leave it up for a few days before it goes or don't remove it at all :angry:

Ams

I have a feeling more warnings may appear since we're in buying season and shrewd sellers are dusting off bad examples to cash-in on the recent price increases of 205's. :ph34r: Would it be a good idea to create a sticky thread listing the cars that have been viewed by members and have proven to be sheds?

Edp

Theres a thread about a dodgy 309 on here too.

GLPoomobile

Would it be a good idea to create a sticky thread listing the cars that have been viewed by members and have proven to be sheds?

Could be a double edged sword though. It's no doubt useful if people can provide a bit of background on any car they've viewed, but opinions can be subjective. So long as anyone participating can keep a level head and just describe what they've seen honestly and without bias, then it should be some help.

• Like 1

jackherer

I don't think a sticky thread is a good idea, if a car is bad enough like this one or the 309 then an individual thread is fine but a dedicated thread will invite negative comments about every 205 on ebay.

• Like 1

erbs

here is a few questions i asked and here is the response

Has the car had any paint work done?

Most important is there any rust?

Has the rear beam had any work done?

His Reply

Hi
yeah the car has had a full respray with trims off and glass out. there is some surface rust in the boot and a couple of small spots starting to show through the paint on the o/s/r sill about the size of a 5p piece. The rear beam was replaced when i bought it 9 years ago.
cheers

is he just generalizing the condition? i don't know

GLPoomobile

Nice base model rear valance :blink:

It does photo quite well. Based on the pics, I'd probably think that was worth a journey at that price too (I'm a sucker for a Lazer Green :blush:). I only looked at it in more detail on the basis of the OP. I can see the strut tops have been welded and the inner wings in the engine bay look a bit messy (hard to tell though), it's missing the check strap on the drivers door and the steering wheel leather looks well worn. Handbrake cover is possibly grey instead of charcoal, but that's a minor gripe. OS rear arch looks a bit wrong, like it's had rust cut out and new metal welded in but they've not matched the curve of the arch (looks too straight). And then there's the base model rear valance, and no driving lights.

Other than that, looks a belter :lol: