• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Stu

Sunroof Sealing Strip - Body To Assembly

Stu

Hi all,

Ive just rang my local dealer for the strip that goes in between the sunroof assembly and the roof skin and he's saying its not available, service box is saying NFP, just wondered if anyone had one or knew where to get one?

Any parts guys here? Farmer maybe?

Part number is 8437-17.

Failing that, what has anyone else used?

MikeC

Farmer best bet

Stu

Yeah i've PM'd him, i think he's having a look at prices and such :)

Can it be substituted for anything else? Has anyone else removed their sunroof and replaced this seal with something else?

• Like 1

Simon a

I got some body trim tape from a local motor factors, basically it is double sided foam tape

Stu

Isn't that porous though? Ive got double sided tape and it thought it was...

welshpug

Tiger seal?

pugdamo

If you go into a renault dealers you can ask for clio sunroof seal,its fitted to a lot of clio's but if you said its a 2004 model that will be ok,it goes between the sunroof frame and the body as you want,it comes on a big roll and is adhesive one side but when it squashes up it becomes a water tight seal.I have heard that people use the same stuff in window fitting and can be had at places like B&Q for a fraction of the price.I think its about 40 odd quid from renault.

If you bond it in you will never get it out again if you needed to.

Just found this which looks the same sort of stuff http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/161285471860?cmd=VIDESC&gxo=true

Edited by pugdamo

Simon a

I can't see it being a problem when it's all pulled down, mines still in the garage but has been out a few times for a pressure wash and all seems good