• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Daviewonder

Main Dealer Stickers.

tartanbloke

My car came from C R Wood & Son and I have the original rear licence plate but no stickers. Therefore, I will take some photos of the plate for anyone else's usage as a template. However, given how rare these cars are getting, I doubt many will be left that were purchased from there and no, they are not still in business.

kenneth205xld

AJ Decals made my reproduction Porter of Ayr rear window dealer sticker, but I was lucky to have an original photo from when the car was nearly new. Andy Johnson can be found on Ebay if you search PTS decals/Rallye decals. Design stuff on line have reproduced dealer number plates with the correct font with dealer name and BS AU 145a on them as per original.

lightflow

I have recently made up an A.J. Blackler sticker. I took a photograph and spent a few evenings in photoshop re-creating

Here's a small sample of the artwork - I'm looking into getting some vinyl prints very soon

A.J%20Blackler%20Rear%20Window%20Repro%2

ATK

cool as f*** :)

• Like 1

lightflow

Aye! Photoshop is your friend. Cheers Alex.

Pugleyrich

I want some for Blackler. Please can you make a duplicate one for me!?

• Like 1

lightflow

Of course Rich. Send me a mail - I'm getting some made up v.soon. That's why I posted it - I hoped others would see it. There may be a small charge to cover costs, but I am not looking to profit.

Edited by lightflow

pyrrhic

You could argue the same reason for Peugeot.

Quite different. You buy a Peugeot because it's a Peugeot, not because it was sold at Johnny's shop. I can understand if the dealer has some sort of historical significance. UK dealer stickers do look better than some of the ugly ones they have in the USA.

I hope you're gonna take some sandpaper to those tyre sidewalls then.

Why would one do that? If it came with some gaudy sticker from the shop where I bought the tire, well sure, but not the brand itself.

Daviewonder

Quite different. You buy a Peugeot because it's a Peugeot, not because it was sold at Johnny's shop. I can understand if the dealer has some sort of historical significance. UK dealer stickers do look better than some of the ugly ones they have in the USA.

Why would one do that? If it came with some gaudy sticker from the shop where I bought the tire, well sure, but not the brand itself.

It's all advertising at the end of the day.

lightflow

I have arranged to get the A.J. Blacker sticker printed. Here's a small sample of the artwork again.

It will be sized to the "correct" dimensions. In that I am sure mine will have a shrunken a little since new, but it will match the sizing for the one I have today at least.

I'm looking at £10 each delivered. Please PM if you are interested. At the moment I will likely have 2 spare.

A.J%20Blackler%20Rear%20Window%20Repro%2

Edited by lightflow

Mac Crash

Out of interest I still have the original dealer rear plate...

2428w34.jpg

and so checked to see if they are still in business and found some interesting content there.... some nice period photos and stories, and seems they done the first Mi16 conversion too.

http://www.rangersgarage.co.uk/motorsport/

lightflow

Does anybody have a photo of an original A.J Blackler plate by any chance?

Edited by lightflow

Simes

SAM_3746_zps8676988d.jpg

Slightly off topic but Charters produced the 205 "Cheetah" back in '86!

Fibreglass kit and engine mods bring the 105bhp 1.6 up to 125bhp, torque from 99 to 130lBt.

• Like 1

kenneth205xld

Design stuff online made me pre 2001 number plates with dealer name on and BS number.

205Dieselblackdoortrimandcaravangarden11

205Dieselblackdoortrimandcaravangarden11

• Like 1

PAGOS

Turtles Of Rathkenny . Co. Antrim. N. I. ~ tax disc holder x 2 .Rear window , dealer badge x 2 , really cheap & nasty rear mud flaps with Peugeot Talbot logo .Original Peugeot 205 sales brochure ,Talbot World Rally Champions ,sun strip .Peugeot Service Manager's leather bound diary cover . PTS boiler suit . Sadly they closed down recently and I missed out on some tasty signs .The staff were first class and always eager to give you a bit of advice .Ivan in the parts dept considered N.F.P. as a personal challenge to source the part elsewhere. He said NFP stood for No F###ing Problem .

timoth123

Got the details back from the DVLA. Mine was registered at Berkeley Garage, Southampton. The company dissolved in 99. Shame, can't find any pics for them. Anyone seen any?

• Like 1

gizzmo

Just contacted dumb about a rear for tom garner Manchester. ,can,t get hold of original design but have the original sales invoice with headed paper would it look similar?

lightflow

I just fitted my re-creation for the by A.J. Blacker rear window sticker. Looks pretty spot on to me - 100% accurate in size (at least allowing for period shrinkage).

http://1drv.ms/1B8rXXV

I have two spare. £10 delivered if anobody needs one.

Pugleyrich

Looks great, can't wait to get mine.

stufarri

I need a few for my 205s and 309. I know the dealers, addresses and phone numbers but not the sticker designs. Can anyhone help please?

Warwick Wright Chiswick

Nationcars Stoke

Bowers of Harpenden

Henry Yorke

A Sheffield main dealer one which was on my first 205

post-3457-0-37806500-1412292554_thumb.jpg

I need a few for my 205s and 309. I know the dealers, addresses and phone numbers but not the sticker designs. Can anyhone help please?

Warwick Wright Chiswick

post-3457-0-66483600-1412292896_thumb.jpg

I have had a quick look for my original plates as they were Warwick Wright Chiswick and I can't see them, but I doubt that I will have thrown them away

I am wanting to get some original 92/93 factory plates made as mine was registered there, which are very similar to the below from the research I have done on the press cars.

post-3457-0-49995700-1412294845_thumb.jpg

post-3457-0-27120400-1412294846_thumb.jpg

post-3457-0-00843300-1412294847_thumb.jpg

stufarri

Thanks for the CTI photo H, it matches a plate that was on my CTI but the quality of the photo I had was dire. I have the rear window sticker design now that someone from the Lancs PSCUK group has sent to me.

One down, 2 to go!

Edited by stufarri

stufarri

Was the picture above taken of a Goodwood H? Just trying to work out when the Talbot reference would have stopped. In 1987 (my CTI) it would have existed I'd guess but not in 1993 (my GTI)?

dobboy

Who's car is the Grove of Rugby?

I could do with a new sticker if anyone has that design?