• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JoshGti

Dw12 Engine In A 205, Will It Fit?

JoshGti

Just thinking out loud really,

Had a member come over and collect some bits yesterday and i mentioned it in conversation as a project idea i was thinking of, and seeing as theres been an ongoing thread about the EW engines fitting and tuning easily, i was just curious about the DW engines, the DW12 engine particularly is 2.2 16v and turbocharged, on wikipedia theres a dw12c listed with 200hp.

Any thoughts from anyone, or has anyone done it? Obviously these engines are newer peugeots but it debuted in the 406, so I'm thinking wiring issues etc might be easier using loom and edu from a 406.

Josh

JoshGti

Looks like a lot of custom work on his install, manifold specifically. I've read that the flywheel and a number of other things are different on the dw12 but im sure there will be relatively easy solutions for a lot of the problems. Things like gearbox, clocking the turbo, wiring etc are all solvable issues. The picture at least shows it fits no problem! Just wondering about the standard exhaust manifold...

Safest bet would be to grab a complete donor car and transfer it across, how do you go about unlocking the ecu?

welshpug

its a ruddy tight fit in a 306, and its a bloomin heavy lump.

I think a DW10ATED4 would be more suited to a 205.

JoshGti

I did look at that too, is it alloy block? It's obviously the 16v version which is really what has perked my interest over using an xud engine.

Assuming due to the higher capacity etc there's a lot more attached to the dw12 making it a lot heavier? Does anyone know the weight differences between xud and dw10 and dw12 engines?

welshpug

I don't think Peugeot have done an alloy diesel since the TUD3, and that was a bit pants.

RossD

The 1.6 HDi's are alloy - Now they've sorted out the turbo and oil sludge problem (and gone back to good old SOHC and 8v!) they are a half decent engine. ;)

I think a 2.2 hdi would be overkill in a 205. Far to heavy! However your best bet for a transplant would be one from a 406 with an EDC15c2 ECU. Later ones are far more complicated and the electronics are all integral into the cars electronic systems. They are 136bhp as standard, but remap very nicely.

welshpug

DV6 is a bloody F**d engine, I don't think I could face fitting a F**d engine in a pug :P

RossD

The DV6 architecture has far too much in common with a TU engine for it to be a Ford engine. Take a close look at a DV6 and its obvious the TU was used as a base design and it evolved from there. Anyway, since when have Ford in Europe built any of their own engines recently? Duratecs are all Mazda, the smaller Zetec SE lumps are Yamaha based etc etc!

welshpug

Yamaha designed the heads, thats about as much as they did, the puma diesel is widely used by sevel as well as ford, afaik its made in bridgend.

The 5.0 in the jaaaags is made in bridgend too.

Edited by welshpug