• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ftoomsh

Trailing Arms For More Neg Camber And More Toe In

ftoomsh

Like a staffy bull having a pee! Lol

petert

depends how you want it to handle, personally I'd use the ZX arms so it turns in better,

I agree. Fitting the 306 arms was a mistake for me in retrospect, but I do circuits/supersprints, rarely in a straight line for any length of time.

• Like 1

Rich_p

Borrowed from another thread

Year--Model--Rear toe in (mm)--Rear negative camber(degrees/minutes)

1985-92--205 GTi 1.6+1.9/Rallye--3.60--0/50

1985-92--205+309 base--3.10--0/50

1993on--205 Cab+van+base--3.40--0/50

1986-90--309GTi--3.80--0/50

1990-93--309GTi+GTi16S--5.00--1/15

1994on--306 S16+GTi6--4.20--1/20

1997on--306 1.8 16v--3.40--1/20

1998on Xsara base--4.50--1/20

1998on Xsara VTS--5.00--1/20

1993on ZX base+16v--0.00-1/00

• Like 1

ftoomsh

Excellent info thanks!

allanallen

Bare in mind those figures are for the cars they originally came fitted to at standard ride height. eg: a lowered 205 fitted with 306, zx or xsara rear arms will not have the above advertised geometry.

welshpug

any rough idea how much they change at roughly 30mm drop Allan? would be easier to figure if there was a degree figure for the toe not MM I guess.

ftoomsh

Do the rear arms not swing vertically? I.e. the shaft is parallel to the horizontal.and therefore the rear arm geometry remains the same where ever it is in its arc?????

welshpug

They do indeed, the only way the geometry would stay fixed is if there was no camber or toe at all.

ftoomsh

ah of course ...senior moment there me thinks..

so looking at the figures above 306 1.8 16v arms could be a good compromise, with some toe in 3.4mm (but less than 205 gti standard 3.6mm) but with 1.2 deg -ve camber????

allanallen

any rough idea how much they change at roughly 30mm drop Allan? would be easier to figure if there was a degree figure for the toe not MM I guess.

Not really, I've a rough idea what our arms do but they've got stacks of camber on, they're machined car specific to avoid any change.

A 205 lowered 30mm will have a negligible change,it's more obvious when you go from say a xsara to a lowered 205 that you get the big difference.

The angle of the arm is very different between models. A 306 arm sits with the stub axle around 40mm lower than the centre of the beam tube, a lowered (-40mm ish) 205 sits with the arm 40-50mm above the centreline of the beam tube!

ftoomsh

So which arms for tarmac rallying (tour of mull being extremely bumpy) would you recommend Allan?

allanallen

What ride height and tyres do you run? Do you want toe in and do you need more negative camber?

ftoomsh

Ride height is pretty much standard was hoping to gain more neg camber

welshpug

ah! I guess the spring rates and starting position makes quite a difference.

allanallen

ah! I guess the spring rates and starting position makes quite a difference.

Certainly do, henry1.9 is a good man to talk to re rear arms for circuit stuff, he's had a few different settings now. He's currently on -3.5 and zero toe.

Ftoomsh: standard arms wise as mentioned probs zx arms or the 1800s as you said for even more toe in.

I like the predictability and safeness at the rear of my road rally car. it'd be no doubt faster with less toe but when you don't know where you're going a mid bend lift doesn't end with you in a wall ;)

• Like 1

ftoomsh

I think I agree with you there allan!