• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scbond

Help Identifying Unused/corroded Plug

scbond

Hey everyone, just looked around the air inlet system in the engine bay to see what was causing a stall and some rough idling. Surprise surprise, it was the cheap, nasty induction cone which will be going ASAP! Once it was pulled out (or rather when it fell out due to not being secured at all) I noticed the plug below which wasn't connected and looks in rough shape. No idea where it goes so can anyone help identify it?

ouk8jHIl.jpg

Also, when the induction cone came off the pice of plastic below dropped through the bay to the ground. Longshot and likely not important but does anyone know where it's come from?

CXPcf9Ul.jpg

(Apologies about the pics being side-on :P)

Edited by scbond

Anthony

Looks like the fan loom test plug - if so it's meant to be unplugged - and the plastic bit might be the cover from the shunt box where the main battery feed attaches.

sub205

I do not think it's actually a test plug, i think the loom of the A/C is plugged there to control fans.

Ryan

The A/C models have a different fan loom with three relays. It's only the non-A/C cars that have that test connector.