• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
4ll5op

That Bloody S.a.d Valve Is Making Me Sad!

4ll5op

Hi all this is a rare topic from me as I'm always searching and solving my problems but this one has got me and can't find anything covering my problem.

Anyway I changed the starter motor solenoid cable and since then the car revs high. Thinking it was unrelated I took the s.a.d valve off and cleaned it Then tested it by popping in the oven for a bit and it closed. But when I put it on my car if I pinch the pipe coming from elbow to s.a.d the car cuts out which should only happen when its cold? But happens all the bloody time.

Another thing to mention is that when I turn key to ignition the fuel pump primes continually sometimes when the s.a.d plugs connected

Please help I miss driving it

Cheers

Stuart

Anthony

The SAD earths through the starter solenoid wiring, so depending how you've gone about replacing that, you could have stopped the heating circuit in the SAD from working... and in this current weather, it won't close and will likely sit there hot idling at 2k rpm odd.

You can change the wiring so that the SAD earths to a conventional earth and it'll work.

As for stalling when you pinch the pipe, that suggests to me that the SAD has never closed fully and has always allowed a little air past which means the idle screw has been set too low to compensate. Cut the SAD air supply completely and the idle speed will be so low that it'll stall.

Ah, the joy of Jetronic....

4ll5op

Well I just replaced the wire from starter to the brown multiplug under the drivers side dash im guessing it has been rewired before as these wires should go thru a brown multiplug by gearbox? I've never found it before only 2 small brown plugs.

So will I have to just follow the wires and check where they earth?

The idle and stalling might be from me messing about but now its back to how it says in Haynes Manual.so are you saying if the wiring was dodgey it could have broke the circuit inside the sad or do you think if I fix the earth it should work

Thank For your help I'm a bit a novice

pug_ham

IIRC the SAD wire is joined into the starter solenoid wire in the run between the engine bay brown multiplug & the inner under dash one so if you've replace that wire without adding the additional connections you have removed the earthing for the SAD so it will remain open.

g

4ll5op

The brown multiplug is not in the engine anymore a previous owner removed it and just had the wires direct. All I've Done is replaced wire from solenoid straight to brown multiplug under dash. where is the earth point ment to before these wires as I may of disturbed it whilst replacing the wire

Thanks again

pug_ham

Yeah, I got that but if you replaced the starter solenoid wire without adding the additional branches to it as on the original wire you haven't put the sad earth path back in.

For a conventional earth as Anthony suggests, you could just run a wire to the gearbox stud.

4ll5op

OK cheers mate everyday is a school day been doing lots of searches and i have my haynes here So I'm getting my head round it. your name keeps popping up in my searches so cheers for ur posts haha which pin do I connect do the gearbox stud?

Thanks stuart

pug_ham

This topic shows a breakdown for the tachy relay pins & I've just checked a Jetronic loom I have to refurb & the SAD has wires from the tachy relay to both wires for it, blue M24 to pin 1 shared with the injectors (& to pin 9 one the ecu plug) & white 48 to pin 2, shared as the supply for the afm, cts & ecu to the central pin of the tachy relay plug.

Peel the rubber boot back on the SAD plug check for voltage with the engine running at the white wire & earth continutity from the blue wire.

g