• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkshirekowboy

Shunt Box Wiring Diagram.

Mac Crash

Will address before I use car next... one last question on this... why's it called a "shunt" box? and does the GTi have an inertia switch that cut's the fuel supply in an accident? if so, then where is it located?

Anthony

No inertia switch on a GTi - the fuel pump feed is cut by the tachymetric relay when the engine stops.

Mac Crash

That clears everything up for me, thanks all.

jackherer

Will address before I use car next... one last question on this... why's it called a "shunt" box?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shunt_%28electrical%29

If you open the top you'll see some things that look a bit like fuses made of solid metal that pass power to the different looms, those are the shunts.

• Like 1

Mac Crash

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shunt_%28electrical%29

If you open the top you'll see some things that look a bit like fuses made of solid metal that pass power to the different looms, those are the shunts.

something in the past led me to understand this shunt box was an inertia circuit/switch... probably because of the name "shunt", so now it's been clearly explained I can stop annoying you with questions, thanks for the link ;) I've had the box opened before to have a look and should have realised at the time that it couldn't possibly be a cut out switch.... If I'd opened my eyes I would have seen what it was)))