• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scbond

Swapping/upgrading Door Locks

deathbringer929

its true i tell you. some people will still actually strip a component and repair it. i speak from working at a vauxhall main dealer. all they did was fit new parts, couldnt repair anything. some of these old school boys are great like my old man, taught me loads. he's 73 retired mechanic and comes from a day when you removed a starter motor etc and rebuilt it with old or new parts not like today....

• Like 1

m_john_m

its true i tell you. some people will still actually strip a component and repair it. i speak from working at a vauxhall main dealer. all they did was fit new parts, couldnt repair anything. some of these old school boys are great like my old man, taught me loads. he's 73 retired mechanic and comes from a day when you removed a starter motor etc and rebuilt it with old or new parts not like today....

Someone told me something similar to this but I thought it would be cheaper buying new locks! Wish I had joined this site earlier :(

deathbringer929

10 mins calling a locksmith, worst they could say is no. you'll know for next time. :)