• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SW205

Universal Central Locking?

SW205

anyone fitted a universal kit to a 205 before, my diesel only has manual locks and i was looking at a few kits on ebay and was wondering how difficult it would be to fit

was also thinking of linking the central locking to a decent alarm, it shouldnt be to hard to do??

Slo

Yes I've got "this one" works so well I have left my daughter in the car before and rang her from the far end of the supermarket and heard the door locks clicking over the phone when pressing the buttons on the fobs. Not so good as if you catch the fob while fumbling in your pocket its easy to leave the car open without realising.

The biggest downside to this set is the amount of wire you get with it, its very stingy to say the least and all four connections are in series, rather than wires to each door, so I have connection one (master) to the drivers door as it controls the rest, connection three to the passenger door and had to extend the wiring to reach the boot lid. You can only open the drivers door to unlock the rest, the others being individual. But it works off the tab on the inside of the door too as well as the remote.

All the solenoids actually fit the door locks perfectly where the original ones fit too which is a bonus. Connecting them with the bars is extremely difficult though owing to the tiny amount of space in the doors but you can do it, I did.

You get two fobs as well, and yes the reciever has two signal wires to connect to an alarm or anything else you might want to connect to it.

I recommend it simply because its so cheap if you lose the fobs you could just buy another set cheaper than a single fob.

allye

Just the echo slo, those kits are actually great. I fitted a complete kit to my first car, a 205 van. It was bloody great! As above, I could lock it from the other side of a field. Yes the key fobs are a bit cheap but that's the only draw back. Mine also fitted the original hole in the doors.

SW205

thank you for the info, looks like thats the next thing on the list,

want to make sure its nice and secure ie alarm & CL before i spend anymore money on it, dont want any of the low lifes taking a liking to it