• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dch1950

Quintet Insert Fabric

dch1950

I really think that you and Barnaby should have children - plus your spelling (in any language is awful). I'm bored now to be honest.

GLPoomobile

Not a bad idea that Dave. We could start our own sweat shop using our little sprogs for the labour, and have a bash at making some quartet material. Fancy going in to business with us? You'd handle the marketing and customer relations side of things obviously. I could be the tea-boy/sweat shop manager, and Lightflow could handle product design.

Come on Dave, together we can beat those pesky French club members at their own game! Tell me it's not tempting.

• Like 4

Plumbob

Not a bad idea that Dave. We could start our own sweat shop using our little sprogs for the labour, and have a bash at making some quartet material. Fancy going in to business with us? You'd handle the marketing and customer relations side of things obviously. I could be the tea-boy/sweat shop manager, and Lightflow could handle product design.

Come on Dave, together we can beat those pesky French club members at their own game! Tell me it's not tempting.

Little bit scared about stepping into this topic but what you wrote above genuinely made me laugh. Thankyou for lightening the mood.

• Like 1

lightflow

I'm game if you are Steve! If you live up to your full pseudonym, I'm in for a treat.

I'm quite chuffed that I managed to spell that!

Bored? I was just warming up!

Edp

Little bit scared about stepping into this topic but what you wrote above genuinely made me laugh. Thankyou for lightening the mood.

I agree.

mrfirepro

I'de be up for helping out as well providing when someone offers to send DCH a leather sample at there own cost he is very rude about them sending it second class and I know he's good for that, so I'm in......

• Like 1

dcc

tumblr_ldfu59ZaA61qcrzkko1_500.gif

I demand fluffy fabric.

• Like 4

dch1950

me too. providing that I can be rude to who ever I like (second class - Uh!) Don't forget It's my birthday next week (8/6/1950)

I love you all

Dave

XX

the myth of Sisyphus is alive and well

Edited by dch1950
  • Like 1

dch1950

Hi all,

glad to report that the fabric samples have arrived in China and the next couple of phases can now start. One is a supply chain deal and that will enable some consolidation to take place.

Have a nice day.

regards

• Like 1

mhyphenl

I have to say that I'm astonished that this debate has manged to stir up such deep seated resentment, ;) There are parts of the debate I agree with on both sides so I feel I must break out my worst grammar and spelling to put my ten penneth in.

Firstly, having a background in manufacture and retail it's clear that a few things are being overlooked, it's obviously possible to create an exact copy of the original insert fabric, with the proper funds, willingness to place large orders and a good Chinese translator you can commission anything. If it was done before it can be done again. But I'm guessing Dave hasn't got the Capitol or the potential market to get it 100% it's a case of getting the best product possible at a price that can be profitable and only Dave knows where that line is.

However

Someone on this open forum simply asking whether some adjustments can be made to get closer to the original should never be met with the kinds of comments made by Dave, particularly if he hopes to maximise sales. If you make yourself an expert in a subject be prepared to answer questions you may find either simplistic if presumptious, politely and patiently! Short tempered answers don't help anyone's case and if you feel you're re covering ground refer people to your original answer!

Ultimately Dave has put immense effort into getting us all a replacement insert fabric and while I'm sure everyone on here , if asked, would want a 100% accurate replacement, unless we all want to set up a co op and sink tens of thousands into it we're unlikely to get it! Dave though is like a couple of scientists I know, single minded and bullishly stubborn and I've always believed that more consideration for people's suggestions would net better results, but then a less bullish person probably wouldn't have bothered trying in the first place...

• Like 2

iPlod999

I think Dave has left the building.

'as my parting shot from this forum - the best mats are available (members only purchase) from the French club

bye

DCH'.

Edited by iPlod999

Davey

Hi all, haven't time to read all of the thread, but it's about seat refurbishment material, right?

I'm looking for the black bolster material to re-trim the seat bolsters on my phase 1 and phase 2 seats. I purchased some via eBay for just a few £ and the quality was excellent with the design and colour pretty close, but two problems:

1. The piece I bought was an off-cut and I need a larger piece
  2. The number of lines/ridges per inch is about 10 in the new piece but 12 in both phase 1 and phase 2 seats. The new is a bigger gauge if that makes sense.

Can I get material that very accurately matches the original, so that the old and new fabrics, when stitched together, look like they are made of the same material, aside from the fact that part will be old and part new of course.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

GLPoomobile

Hi all, haven't time to read all of the thread, but it's about seat refurbishment material, right?

It's such a shame that DCH has left us. I can only imagine his face would be an absolute picture reading the above line :lol:

• Like 5

Slo

Oh please no more spoons lmfao

jackherer

It's such a shame that DCH has left us. I can only imagine his face would be an absolute picture reading the above line :lol:

I don't know if "left us" is the right phrase, he has certainly stopped posting but he was last online today at 17:44 so he hasn't read it yet but I'm pretty sure he will when he sees his thread has been bumped.

• Like 1

lightflow

Dave (Davey) oh yes this thread is indeed about seat refurbishment. :)

More specifically the potential supply of a new reproduction fabric of the Quartet material.

For the black needlecord fabric you could try contacting Dave Hickman by PM on here (although he may no longer be contributing), so you could try his business site http://205gticovers.com/

Hope that helps...

lightflow

Yes and there is a photo which shows a roll of what looks to be exactly like Quartet....

Slo

Holy s*it what a great find Ash ;) group buy on the cards?

Wonder if they do the whole seat covers in leather too......

lightflow

Holy s*it indeed. The holy grail. I have mailed them, but it may be that they will only supply the fabric if they are doing the work on the seats...

Slo

Definate purchase from me for foams and fabric and can sew np :)

mrfirepro

Ashley,

If you talk to them about Quartet, could you ask if they do the Ramier fabric as well, as they have a really nice picture of a 1.6 cloth seat cover with new Ramier fabric.

http://www.sellerie-difs.com/particuliers/#http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sellerie-difs.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F10%2FIMG_7576.jpg

speno

How much are the foams?

Simes

Great find.

Let me know if you need any translating