• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dch1950

Quintet Insert Fabric

Slo

Spencer im surprised you havent modded your machines to make the foams for us mortals

• Like 2

lightflow

Great find.

Let me know if you need any translating

Simon, yes I may well take you up on that offer. No reply from emails yet (even though I took the trouble to translate into French) - so may need to resort to a telephone call to find out what they are offering and what they might part with...

Simes

Email/ pm me what you need to ask.

speno

Spencer im surprised you havent modded your machines to make the foams for us mortals

Shhhhh folk will start wanting to repair seats for them ;)

Edp

What a find, wonder if they can get them in green ;)

Pugleyrich

Has anyone had their seats refurbished by this company in France? I think I saw a thread somewhere of someone comparing material samples next to originals but I can't find it. Just interested to know if there is a good alternative out there to 205gticovers as I've had a couple of people ask me recently

mrfirepro

Hi rich,

It may be these people. (I used the Ramier fabric and it was very good). I'm sure they would send you out a sample if you ask them, I think there alternative is called Quintet. They also do the replacement foams should they be needed.

http://www.ctai-sellerie-collection.com/?page=205%20gti

Pugleyrich

Thanks for the link, they look great. Its good to know there is a replacement Ramier fabric available and replacement Rallye covers. Do you have a photo of yours? I guess you bought the material and did it yourself or had a company in the UK reupholster your seats?

Edited by Pugleyrich

rikky

I actually had that Dave's site bookmarked here - https://205gticovers.com

I notice his online shop thing works now with the Quintet stuff. I've just read this full thread and not sure what the final outcome was, but it looks like he's selling it on his site now anyway?

To be honest it looks like you coukld achieve a damn decent job by getting his foams and material. I notice he is now banned, for reasons unbeknown to me, but obviously there's more to it than I am seeing here?

Edited by rikky

Tom Fenton

I think Dave threw a wobbler about something and requested we close his account here, which is the reason for "banned".

All I will say is that he can be a difficult guy to deal with so tread carefully.

Pugleyrich

I think Dave threw a wobbler about something and requested we close his account here, which is the reason for "banned".

All I will say is that he can be a difficult guy to deal with so tread carefully.

Exactly why I asked about this supplier. Having seen his threads I wouldn't want to deal with him. I spoke to someone from PSCUK at a show the other day and he was looking for a material supplier but mentioned that Dave had been difficult on a thread there too. Fingers crossed more people support an alternative supplier with, what appears to be, a superior product.

• Like 1

Slo

I asked him if he could get the material fabricated with the plastic strips in and he told me to fk off and said i didnt know wtf i was talking about lol that was first reply i ever got from him too, what a guy :angry:

• Like 2

GLPoomobile

I think you are too kind Tom :lol:

I do wonder who would be the more arrogant to deal with between Dave or the French suppliers :ph34r: . Perhaps that is why he seems to gel so well with the French club and suppliers.

sp_en_ny

I would also echo the words of treading carefully, I contacted him a couple of months ago just enquiring about the price as was not sure, because I was not sure he seemed to take offense to it and responded quite abruptly. He then criticised me for not ordering free samples.

I thought I was doing him a favour by not wasting his time and money unnecessarily as was only wanting clarification on cost first. When I asked if he could do a CTI logo as opposed to a GTI logo he insisted they were the same.....I can assure you they are not one begins with a C and the other a G

Due to the way he conversed with me it put me off I must admit.

I also decided by the time you bought the fabric from him, paid someone to stitch it (assuming you cant do it yourself) you may as well go to a trimmer and for the same price have the whole car kitted out in leather and to you own personal taste. Off course for the purists that's not keeping it original.

Good luck and hopefully you might catch him on a good day !

GLPoomobile

Off course for the purists that's not keeping it original.

Exactly, which is why Dave has gone to extensive efforts to get material re-produced that is almost.....almost.....a pretty close approximation of the original. All about the details. Mind you, the purists of this forum (and other UK clubs by the sounds of it) were never his target customer base.

Miles

Always a odd one this, I've never had any issues at all

Slo

You obviously knew what you were talking about then :lol:

aldworth33

He was alright with me on Facebook when I asked about if he could get the earlier half and half style fabric