• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ATK

Wet Passenger Footwell? Try This...

ATK

After doing all the recommended things to try to stop my passenger footwell leak, I was at a loss - I unblocked drain holes, door holes, scuttle, changed seals, sealed wing, checked matrix, etc all sorts. Couldn't figure out why I still had a leak.

After a helpful post from another forum member, turns out the water was coming from one of the door holes, behind the door card (bottom right). Sealed them all up (plastic bags - very classy!) and since then I've been dry as a bone.

Just a heads up - figure it might help others - thanks to the other forum member who replied to my other thread who did the same.

IMAG1103.jpg

Blueeyes

:)

Edited by Blueeyes

AlexRS2782

Good news :) Next dry day I was due to be taking off the drivers door card off mine to have a look at the wiring for the electric windows so i reckon whilst the panel is off i may as well do the same as a precaution if it seems to work :)

ATK

If the door card is off it's a five min job so very much recommended matey! Even easier if you use spray contact adhesive.

deathbringer929

use a thin plastic bag. something like a disposable seat cover and 3m refix tape. this is double sided but very thin and sticky. ;)

notamondayfan

Perhaps I'm not quite understanding this right, but surely you should be stopping the water from getting inside the door in the first place, rather than divert the water elsewhere? The inside of the door will surely rot?!

• Like 1

ATK

There are drain holes in the bottom of the door that drain the water away

farmer

Shrunk scrapers cause this issue.

notamondayfan

There are drain holes in the bottom of the door that drain the water away

But they are probably there for when there's been extreme weather, or water has been forced in there, for example with a pressure washer, not to drain away water on a daily basis?

Shrunk scrapers cause this issue.

Sounds more like it rather than using bags to stop the water.

Tom Fenton

As standard Peugeot used a foam membrane to keep any water in the door and away from the door card. Over the years folk messing with speakers or repairing window mechanisms often rip this off and don't replace it. It should be there and does keep the water in the door. I don't think the scrapers even when brand new would keep 100% out, or even if you wind down a wet or frosty window the water is then inside the door.

• Like 1

ATK

Sounds about right, I reckon Tom. No door can be 100% watertight, hence the drain holes in the bottom of the door.

farmer

Spanking new scrapers on my doors, no sheets on the inside seems dry to me.

Daviewonder

Perhaps I'm not quite understanding this right, but surely you should be stopping the water from getting inside the door in the first place, rather than divert the water elsewhere? The inside of the door will surely rot?!

You sound like a guy who knows where to get the NLA drivers side window scraper to me.

• Like 1

notamondayfan

You sound like a guy who knows where to get the NLA drivers side window scraper to me.

I was mainly intrigued as to why water might be inside the door in the first place, not how to cure it or find parts.

I had a Dimma once where water had leaked behind the rear quarter and into the cills, and totally destroyed them. If in this case the plastic bag over the door works well, and is intended to work like that, then fine, but if it was going to cause more issues / mask a real problem, then that's why I asked.

farmer

Davie don't tease about the scrapers whereabouts :lol: