• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mrfirepro

Dizzy Refurb

mrfirepro

Looking at getting my dizzy refurbished and picked these guys up from a thread.

H&H Ignition Solutions

http://www.h-h-ignitionsolutions.co.uk/index.htm

Has anyone had any experience of using them either good or bad? and what was there work like?

It's costs around £100

DamirGTI

I did .. they made me dizzy for my modified high compression engine (was around 22 quid with the VAT and postage included) . Really satisfied no complain what so ever .

They're expert and the best for all kinds of dizzy jobs being dizzy overhaul or custom correction/modifying .. they also stock various parts for the distributors - signal cables , vacuum capsules , bob weights , springs etc. .. race engine builders also recommends them for dizzy overhauls/modifying .

Just one note , for contact/questions - phone them rather than sending emails enquiries , cos they seem to either forget reading/replying to the emails or they might be too busy for email based contacts .

D

farmer

Damir do they do the dizzy signal cables new?

I thought that would be a genuine part only?

DamirGTI

New ones i guess .. Bosch stock parts if they still make them , if not suppose they have someone who does cable remakes for them .

I sourced an new dizzy signal cable via Bosch few years ago .. so it's not strictly OE part .

D

farmer

The genuine Peugeot ones are an absolute pain to get now.

DamirGTI

I know ! .. but they can be repaired if bad , after all it's just an cable .

Try to phone H&H guys if you need one i'm sure they have either new OE spec. remake or new "old Bosch stock" cables ..

D

DanteICE

Didn't think a refurb was £100, I thought that was more like a refurb + modification for a modified engine?

mrfirepro

I thought it was quite expensive, but considering a new one is £500 maybe not that bad. I'm not having it modified.

Have sent it off to them, will let you know what sort of job they do.

B11 BOB

Paul

I had them do a few of my Dizzys for me over the years they know what they are doing and can have your ignition curve made to suit your requirements.I would recommend them based on the quality of work they done for me.

mrfirepro

all the feedback has been positive and they are very responsive and knowledgeable, really looking forward to getting this back as they have told me it will look at perform like new.

Will post pictures as soon as I get it back.

farmer

Beats Pug last retail on there units, a nice £500 <_<

mrfirepro

This company is just fantastic in every respect (I know you told me they were good :D ), they only received the dizzy Tuesday and had it refurbed and returned to me today, further more I couldn't be more pleased with the results as it looks like new and no doubt it will also perform like new.

They also provided me a new (UK made top quality, not Chinese import) starter motor for less money than the refurb cost of my old unit.

Judge for yourself but from my point of view I could not recommend H&H Ignition Solutions (01384 261500, Lee) more highly

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/mrfirepro/media/205%20projects/20140306_145334_375x500.jpg.html

http://www.h-h-ignitionsolutions.co.uk/

Cost £100 dizzy refurb, £60 starter motor

• Like 1

farmer

Crikey that looks good Paul.

Any sign of a new/ or offer off a Dizzy fly lead at all?

Edited by farmer
  • Like 1

mrfirepro

Will ask them tomorrow as that's one thing I didn't send.

Will let you know what they say

MikeC

Some nice work there, looks like i'm posting mine to H&H :D

Slo

Did you mark it before you sent it? Chances are they just replaced it with a ready to go identical one that had already been done, not that that would matter refurbed stuff is always the way to go i always get my starter and alternator done as its quicker cheaper and you know it will fit when you put it back on

mrfirepro

Good point Slo,

I have some high res photos of it before it went will have a look, but thinking about it in more detail its probably more likely to happen as you suggest.

hoodygoodwood

I just had a chat with the guy at H+H , they will refurb my Bosch dizzy for £115 including postage and VAT . It also includes a new rotor arm and cap plus the vacuum advance which are very often perished , these are NFP on service box but must have been at least £30 on their own .

Not sure if it includes a new 'O' ring or the plastic shield that goes under the rotor arm but its not bad value for the parts alone .

Will be sending mine off soon .

iPlod999

GSF wanted £70 for a Bosch vacuum advance alone.