• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sub205

Megasquirt / Tct Ignition Module

sub205

Hello,

i'm running wasted spark and ms2extra.

What is the correct setting for ignition?

Going high or going low?

sub205

Note to my self:

- Going low (normal)

- No Dwell-Control in this ignition-modules -> nice BBQ with incorrect settings or hanging MS

mclephane

What ignition are you using? It's most likely it will need to be set to going high.

sub205

I am using a bare transistor/mosfet on the output of the ms2-cpu, after that i use a dual ignition module from bosch and a bosch wasted spark coil.

After checking with 2 lamps instead of a coil i realised that my aftermarket behr-module got toasted and i have to use "going low (normal)" to drive the coils.

The Module seems to be driven by positive impulses (non inverting), so the pull-down-transistors need to be high to put the module outputs to an open state.

Weird stuff, last time i migrated from bosch single-ignition-modules (with internal dwell-control and protection) to a JFET-design, i killed several coils until i realized it would be a great idea to measure and check the output levels. ;-) That was 5 years ago. Unfortunately, my direct soldered ttl-usb-adapter hanged the cpu when no computer was connected. So the ecu boiled my module. Fortunately, the coil survived.