• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
alphacharlie

Making My 1.9 A Reliable Daily Driver Again....

alphacharlie

Due to work I stopped using my 205 as a daily driver on a 10 mile journey some time ago and bought a Fabia VRS diesel for a 140 mile trip to work, now I'm back working 15 miles from home I'd like to get back into the 205 more often ( only did 300 miles between last MOT's)

Its had plenty of money spent on it over the 4 years I've owned it but remains fickle when cold and impossible to get it out the garage and leave running while I shut the door or start and idle while I scape the ice off at this time of the year.

Due to the lack of use I'm getting close to putting it up for sale and continuing with the Fabia but selling the Fabia and spending money to get the 205 running well is also an option. Apart from some very minor suspension mods its a standard 1993 car.

Any suggestions or folk who have done similar?

Cheers

Andy

welshpug

is it on Jetronic or MOtronic?

alphacharlie

is it on Jetronic or MOtronic?

99% sure its Jetronic

Tom Fenton

Andy, I'm confident that with a few new bits and a careful setup that I can get it to run 99 times better than it currently does when cold. For some reason we know the SAD is behaving strangely, and the throttle body has also been messed with which I don't think is helping things.

The other option is convert it to Motronic as Welshpug is suggesting but before that I reckon it's worth another good stab at sorting out what's there.

Anyway you are not allowed to sell it as it's my favourite road going 205 so that's the end of that!

Cheers

Tom

• Like 1

Jolly Green Monster

safety wise you would be much wiser keeping the skoda.

thats the boring sensible suggestion out the way..

If it has only done 300 since last mot and not done much since and was okay before it could be as simple as old fuel and needing a new set of plugs?

Also a good run to remove all moisture...

Simon

Miles

Fuel should be OK, I have started mine with fuel of 14 years old, yes it smells but she still run's

Motronic is worth doing even the 205 system makes them run very well

mowflow

I'm starting to think about motronic. The car is currently in bits and the loom looks a right mess so i'm thinking take the opportunity while it's in this state. It's very confusing for a newbie though, I'm spending so much time reading posts on here but can't find a definitive thread on doing it and what's needed.