• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonnie205

Heater Blower Not Working

Guest jonnie205

it is not the motor as i have put 12 volts on it and it spins. i think it is in the switch but this is an arse to change as you have to strip out loads of the dash. Is it generally the switch that goes wrong or is it something else, this is a fairly common problem i think as a few of my 205s have the same problem but i dont just want to rewire it on a toggle switch

jon

Guest BuD

Underneath the dials are stalks that are turned, where the dial joins the stalk can get worn so that turning the dial no longer turns the stalk. You can pull the dials off and see if you can turn the stalk and work the heater with forceps\needle nose pliers.

Guest Ted

^ bingo

happen to me, the dial was turning but it was slipping along the stalk not pushing/pulling it.

nick

A common fault is with the motor resistor, it's under the dash to the right of the heater motor, it might be worth cleaning up the contacts on this before ripping out the dash.

Nick

Guest jonnie205

it is not the shaft spinning, where is the resistor then exactly is it easy to get to?

nick

It's the block which you unplugged the heater motor from. I personally hav'nt touched mine, someone else may be able to give more info'.

Nick

GtiMad
it is not the shaft spinning, where is the resistor then exactly is it easy to get to?

Yes, very. It is right next too the heater blower. Access it from under the dash (above your passengers right foot if you see what I mean) a plug goes into it. Pull this out, remove the two screws and pull it out. Genuine five minute job.

They do two types though I think, a 4 pin and a 5 pin.

cheers,

Sign in to follow this