• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AlexD

Where To Get Captive Nut Insert For Grille?

AlexD

I had to drill out the rusted screws that hold the front grille on, on one of them I managed to avoid mangling the threads but the other is totalled. Luckily Peugeot obviously foresaw this eventuality and the thread is on a small rectangular insert that is/should be replaceable, I don't see these on Service Box has anyone had any luck getting them from Peugeot or elsewhere?

welshpug

They are spot welded in place so not likely to be replaceable like the caged studs that secure the front lip of the panel, same as the threads for the wings, easiest route to replacing them would be a rivnut I think, or a speed nut.

AlexD

Nearly a good idea from Peugeot... Thanks for the clarification, I'll stop my compulsive interent searching now!

welshpug

got the very same problem on my 205 and another I'm working on too.

ALEX

I bought a captive nut M6 for mine from my local Fixings supplier. It fits inside the square hole, but the cage needed to be bent a little.

Most people just use a repair washer and nut as it's not entirely impossible to get a 1/8" socket in there on an extension bar.