• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dobboy

Engine Loom Route

dobboy

Somewhere on a site somewhere, I seen a diagram showing how the engine loom should be routed around the engine.

I don't suppose anybody has it book marked?

dobboy

anyone?

could it be from this "autodata" thing you's talk about?

welshpug

is this for your gti6 conversion?

dobboy

WP, yes....i took lots of pics whilst stripping the outside of the engine down then put phone in washing machine.

Be ready to put the loom on shortly and think it would be handy for me.

I think you may have posted the doc i'm refering to, but i don't think it was on this site..... and i'm sure it was from many yrs ago.

I can fathom out where it's meant to go if need be.

jamie_1992

It's pretty simple you can work out what gose to the alternator and work back under the inlet over the gear box to the ecu

welshpug

typically the 306 loom is laid out as it would have been in the 306, and you relocate the 205's side of things from the two brown plugs over to near the fusebox and take it through a hole under the expansion tank and mate them together.

this keeps it pretty neat and away from the exhaust manifold, you'd need to bung the original hole, I know that area gets pretty bloody hot with the tubular gti6 manifold on there, as DCC's original grommet which we had bunged back in the hole temporarily started smoking and melting when it was on the rollers being mapped.

I don't remember if you'd need to enlarge the hole on the left for the extra wires, maybe just a thinner grommet, DCC could tell you if he sees this.

dobboy

Thanks both.

WP, remember i asked you a while ago about the "other side" of the big round plug? well i managed to get one.

So i was intending to wire 19No. 1.5mm(TBC) tri rated single cores from it through a 20mm copex/flexi conduit. I'll drill a hole Xmm under the expoansion bottle, and either use a stuffing gland or a grommet to keep it water tight. There will be extra cores in the 19, but might be handy in future. I'll deal with and use the (engine side) of brown plugs when i see them.

So basically, my little (1.5m or thereabouts) loom will plug into both the GTI6 big round plug, and the GTI brown plugs..... if that makes sense?

With any luck all the soldering will be done on my dining room table.

harryskid

WP, yes....i took lots of pics whilst stripping the outside of the engine down then put phone in washing machine.

Be ready to put the loom on shortly and think it would be handy for me.

I think you may have posted the doc i'm refering to, but i don't think it was on this site..... and i'm sure it was from many yrs ago.

I can fathom out where it's meant to go if need be.

Is this normal to clean your phone like this then? :unsure:

dobboy

Is this normal to clean your phone like this then? :unsure:

I usually just use a baby wipe rather than a "sports wash"........

dobboy

I found the thread that i had previously seen, showing the route etc.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=146933&do=findComment&comment=1322508

Does anybody have the schematic specifically for the pug GTI6 (as image 2, showing loom/plugs/No.'s etc) from Autodata that they could post up or email me please?

dobboy

Or can anyone tell/mail me what wires go to which pin on the big round plug?

welshpug

You can figure that yourself, they are numbered, and did vary a little but not much.

Most/all the info is in that thread too, as well as many other threads.

dobboy

WP, i'm not intending cutting my plug off to get access to numbers.

I can easily bell through etc, but i don't have the pin-out schedule for the ECU to be able to determine what the wire number is...... i.e. i can get continuity from round plug to ECU plug, but am still no wiser as to what the actual wire number it is that i have continuity on.

The citroen engine diagram is simiar, but not close enough.

I also found another pug 306 MM loom diagram, again similar but not exact.

http://www.autoelectric.ru/auto/peugeot/306/xu7jpz/xu7jpz.htm

I'm needing the GTI6 version of the second image in the link above, and predominantly item "IC02A 23V", which i assume is the big round plug...... 19pins of 23 used on GTI6

Surely somebody has this?

welshpug

You dont need to touch the plug to see the numbers, god knows why you thought that.

Doesnt matter what the wire number is, if you know what it does.

dobboy

WP, i don't understand.

Say for example i get continuity from Pin 3 of round plug to pin 5 of the ECU plug.....how do i know what wire number it is? and how am i meant to know what it does?

welshpug

Look at the several diagrams posted.

marksorrento205

Chop the standard gti6 round plug off, bell out all the wires so you know what is what, crimp on new terminals that fit in to the standard 205 brown plugs, insert into the brown plugs and plug them into the brown plugs in the car. Job done :)

dobboy

Mark, without know wire numbers i still don't think it would help get all of the cables ID'd.

Maybe i'm missing something here.

Tell me how i would identify say, wire "400 Coolant temp gauge" on the brown plug... without a number visable on the wire at the plug.

Anthony

Bell the wires through from the blue temperature sensor plug - one is for the gauge and one is for the warning light.

(can't remember which is which off the top of my head, but on the sender the gauge one will give a resistance reading between earth and the pin, whereas the temperature one will be open circuit at normal temperature)

You can do the same with the other sensors along with the ignition and fuel pump wires. Tacho (if using the ECU feed) and engine management light will need belling back to the relevent pins on the ECU - a search should reveal which ones they are as I don't have the info to hand here at work.

marksorrento205

I don't use wire numbers. I go from the pin numbers from the double relay, ecu and each sensor plug in turn back to the wires at the round plug. That way I know it is the correct wire. I can send you a wiring diagram which has the pin / terminal numbers on it. For the sensors - unplug it from the sensor, bell it out, lable it up. (as long as you know what sensor is what you are laughing).

I found that using wire numbers took twice as long and if they have rubbed off you are buggered. I have just done a loom this afternoon and it took me 20 mins to bell out and lable everything inc making a brew :)

dobboy

Thanks Anthony/Mark.

Mark, that's exactly what I've been hunting for, so please send me the drawing asap to let me get on.

Thanks.

johniban

did you get what you needed?

dobboy

did you get what you needed?

Yeah, Mark sent me some info.

Tbh, 8V stuff is harder to find. You know how there is a 16V sensor location image/info on the site, i've not came accross an 8V one yet.