• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Reinu

Need Help With Some Hoses And Plugs

Reinu

I needed to change the starter motor on my 1.9 GTI and removed several parts in order to get access to it. Now, however, I'm having a hard time putting it all back together again as I'm a novice mechanic. There are a couple of hoses and plugs that I don't know what to do with. Could someone please help me with that?

11892126606_18c36c189b_c.jpg

Where to connect the plugs marked A and B in the picture above and hoses A, B and C in the picture below?

11891288095_e3678a2b76_c.jpg

ablister

Been a while since i've worked on these but:

'A' hose goes to throttle body top, the brass collar hole like this

breatherhoses_zps2a4d2f12.jpg

There's a hose that connects to the inside of the inlet manifold from the SAD, double check it's connected as i suspect one of the other hoses is for this

You can see the hose connection at the top centre

inletmanifoldinside_zps8a47ff43.jpg

It's routed like this:

sad2_zps7349e0d3.jpg

Slo

Regarding the connectors The brown one (A) is just a spare and not needed and the white one (B) connects to the oil temp, water temp guage and water temp light wires.

theo-mi16-gr

A god chance also to give a bit clean at plugs,fuses,ground's corrosion/oxidation.It ll make a difference..

Reinu

Thank you for the help! I connected the 'A' hose as shown and the 'C' hose to the throttle body, judging by the length and shape, is it correct? I already had a hose connected to the inlet manifold and that should be correct as well (again judging by the length and shape, can't see how it's exactly routed any more). But what about hose 'B', it starts from the sump, just above the other big hose, that connects to the radiator, but where should it go? And could someone please share a picture or explain in more detail where I should connect plug 'B' as I couldn't figure it out today.

Ryan

post-5273-0-97339300-1390684142_thumb.gif

• Like 1

Reinu

Thanks! Got the hoses sorted out, but still couldn't find out where to connect the plug...