• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scottbarton

Backbox...to Devil Or Not To Devil....?

MikeC

Bet it sounds great with the back box and the k&n filter :ph34r:

scottbarton

Bet it sounds great with the back box and the k&n filter :ph34r:

Not as loud as the MR2 though.... ;-)

DSC00139.jpg

image_zpsbe444d0f.jpg

MikeC

Thats one to wake the neighbours on a sunday morning :blink:

scottbarton

Happy to report the car is issue free once again. Spent the day sorting the brakes and turns out the two 'new' calipers for the rear were borked! So, two new callipers later and all fixed.

So a nice drive today after all of it, I am loving the car once more. :-)

Will get some more pics of the exhaust at the weekend. All in all am happy with the result.

AlexRS2782

Good news (again & hopefully no more issues) :) Very nice MR2 as well btw :)

Henry Yorke

The Devil ones are a bit longer than a Magnex. Got a pic from the side Scott?

scottbarton

Not yet Henry. It was dark by the time i got home this evening. I am off Friday so going to give a good clean and polish. Will take some then from different angles.

johniban

it might not be as bad as some would imagine, I do recall a devil backbox being an SP option available from dealers not so long ago, on the 307 iirc.

You would be very true! we used to fit them and remove them as SP optional extras on the 206 gti, as with alot of other extras

scottbarton

Finally got round to taking some pictures this afternoon....

Marmite? I love it.

You could not get any different exhaust compared to stock if you tried! It burbles, its throaty, its not that loud on the motorway...and couple with the K&N filter makes a very nice sounding car indeed. And it polishes up great as well! :-)

IMG_0271_zpse9e5249c.jpg

IMG_0270_zpsf40e3ec6.jpg

IMG_0268_zps3f144348.jpg

IMG_0267_zps75ad0d33.jpg​

AlexRS2782

Looks like that sits similarly to the OMP one I got for mine, in that it at certain angles it looks like it sticks out a bit too much from the underside of the rear bumper - it must be a retro thing from back in the day as I know a lot of the old stainless systems made for the Mk1/2 Fiestas used to do the same when they were sold around the same time.

I ended up getting my centre pipe trimmed slightly shorter by about 2cm & adjusting / bending the hanger so when the rear box was connected up it didn't stick out as much.

Mac Crash

The Magnex on my motor protrudes a little bit too, not as much as the Devil though... have full system including manifold.... sonic boom comes in at about 50mph and gets progressively louder through to about 90 ish... where it actually smooths out a bit, kind of like a sweet zone where the motor is really happy but it's still loud and would be very hard to live with if it was an everyday car... in my personal view I've never seen a better looking exhaust than the stock OE, it fits perfectly, has that French chicness and still sounds nice... if I could somehow mate the 4-2-1 Magnex onto a stock exhaust system then I'd be happy.